See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Where to begin...I recently stayed here for a wedding. When making the reservations over the phone, the girl somehow got my name and email address completely wrong, so when I never received a confirmation, and called back a few days later, it took quite a while to figure things out. I'm just glad a thought to call back, otherwise I may have not really had a room for 2 nights. They also weren't activating the cards correctly, so after checking in, you'd walk all the way to your room with luggage, just for the key not to work, and to have to go all the way back to the front desk to get it fixed. The hotel itself is extremely outdated. The hallways are very hot and smelly, with glade plug-ins in every outlet as an attempt to cover it up. The heat made wedding photos interesting, as everyone was dripping sweat. The rooms are very large, which is nice, but the beds are extremely uncomfortable, with old sheets that pop off the mattress every time you move. The water has an awful smell, so you have to use bottled water to brush your teeth, and just deal with the odor whenever you shower, flush the toilet, wash your hands, etc. For the prices you pay to stay here, they need to do some serious updating, and train the receptionists better. There were many screw ups with billing throughout the guests staying here for the wedding. The staff and manager are very nonchalant and dismissive about their mistakes. If I'm ever back in the area, there is no chance I'd stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim236
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for two nights for a wedding. I booked my room and paid in full by credit card months ago, over the phone. My mother booked her room more recently. Upon check in, my name was wrong and the credit cards were switched. When we got to our rooms we realized they had also been switched. I had booked a king room and my mother booked a room with two beds. We didn't realize until we had brought everything in so we just didn't bother to switch back. We also had many problems with our keys not working. At check out, my mother's entire room was charged to my card. I was told I'd have to wait an hour and a half for a refund because that's when the manager was due in. Luckily my mom had planned on paying cash so it worked out but this was just absolutely ridiculous. I understand mistakes happen but this was a complete mess. I thought paying in advance would have made things easier for me but that was very much the opposite. Also, the breakfast wasn't very good. The first bagel I grabbed had mold on it. I'm glad this was a one time trip because I will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristen H
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I could not have had a more terrible experience at this "resort." Walking in seeing someone from my party was the "guest of the weekend" seemed like a good sign, we should have known by the fact that her name was spelled wrong that it was a sign of things to come. The straw that broke the camels back was when I got sick in the middle of the night and the toilet clogged. The desk staff refused to change our room because "it's after midnight and all the rooms have been rented for today." As in, it's after 12 am making it Sunday and we have people checking in after 4 on Sunday so we can't move you to a room with a functioning, not over flowing, toilet. They refused to call the hotel manager because "that would wake them up!" Well we can't have that can we?! I have family in the area but I will NEVER stay at Shadowbrook AGAIN!

Stayed: September 2015
2  Thank loonat64
Reviewed 6 April 2016

This place has it all. Made significant progress since the last time I stayed here. Not just in the rooms, but the entire resort. I like being able to walk into a place I have visited before and feel remembered. Resort amenities, hometown feel, unbeatable price.

Food was better than I remembered with really good daily specials.

If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable stay with great food, many activities for the entire family for an affordable price, take my advice and look at Shadowbrook. You won't be disappointed.

Best hidden gem in NEPA

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2015

I attended a wedding a couple weeks back at Shadowbrook Inn & Resort and stayed in the hotel. The staff at the front desk was very accommodating as we needed a cot, extra towels, and extra pillows. The rooms are slightly outdated but they are very clean. The wedding was amazing. The outside ceremony was very nice. The ballroom was very beautiful and the staff was very friendly. I will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: September 2015