“A hidden treasure in Towanda near Susquehanna River”
Review of Villa SENA

Villa SENA
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Towanda
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Really unexpected, during my weekend visit, I had a very enjoyable dinner at Villa Sena. Friendly environment, excellent service, fresh salad and artistically prepared salmon with salsa over a bed of rice really made it. To make it better, a walk after dinner via Merrill Parkway Trail along the Susquehanna River was relaxing.

1  Thank Mike H

Reviewed 4 October 2017

A friend and I dined at Villa Sena early Saturday evening before attending a local event. The restaurant was clean (including restrooms), food was good, and the service was excellent. A very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Granite when we dined her Saturday evening they were extremely busy but we sat on the beautiful patio and dined outside.
Menu offered apps, standard soups, steaks, and pasta dishes.

I ordered French onion soup, chicken parmigiana, with pasta and a side salad.

French onion soup came out luke warm with provolone cheese that had to have been microwaved, really disgusting flavorless soup. Next was a leaf lettuce salad with green leaf lettuce, 2 croutons, and tiny slivers of white onion. I chose the house vinaigrette based on waitress recommendation, So so.... finally 90 minutes after ordering our table of 4 received our entrees... cold, bland red sauce, and cold noodles under a rubbery chicken breast with 1 slice of provolone cheese. Not even enough sauce for cheese sticks let alone an entire pasta dish. But maybe the can opener broke or the cook just ran out of canned marinara sauce, gross.
You could tell the waitress was embarrassed but she was so busy with a packed room that as a customer I didn't feel the need bother her to send back our meals that we just waited 90 minutes to get. By this point we were starving and woofed it down without complaint. Sometimes it's just easier to not come back...

The check came quickly and although the waitress apologized again for the delay in our meals she informed us that the kitchen wasn't prepared for the big rush of diners that came in. It wasn't her fault, they just weren't ready....

The only compliments that I could give was that the hostess, waitress, bartender were very nice for being so busy... they should be complimented, they don't have an easy job. Also, aside from needing a decor update, the restaurant, dishes and silverware were clean.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I went there for Valentines day. I decided to give them another try as my previous dining experiences were varied. My girlfriend had the Prime Rib and she thought it was prepared quite well and she enjoyed it. I had Haddock which was broiled in a Cajun style which was good but very mildly Cajun. Everything else including dessert was good. The service was also very good and the cost was reasonable. I will go back based on this positive experience, I hope they keep up the good work as their past record with me was up and down.

1  Thank Sunset196
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The three of us all had broiled prime rib
Just like a steak the char was just rite
Along with salad with creamy crumbly blue cheese dressing
Thanks Mike for another good meal.