Review Highlights
Open to the public

Have different specialty nights like wing night.. Brad Vasey is a great manager. Hands on including... read more

Reviewed 11 November 2017
sugarrunjeep
Sugar Run, Pennsylvania
via mobile
Towanda country club

Don't waste your money . Food is average, not the best. Very disappointing for the cost. I... read more

Reviewed 24 January 2017
Sylvia E
Wysox, Pennsylvania

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2014

Nestled in the Appalachian Mountains, the Towanda Country Club which is actually in Wysox, PA offers a fine location for 18 holes of golf and a relaxing atmosphere at the 19th Hole. The 19th Hole has the look of a clean sports bar with two TV’s, a pool table, free popcorn in a machine and fat hot dogs. Adjacent to the bar are lockers of burnished wood and restrooms that are well-maintained. A pro shop is also on location with an assortment of golf paraphernalia and equipment for the golfer who always forgets something.

The course can confound professional level golfers with its uphill doglegs, one of which actually favors my wicked left-hand slice. The course is well-kept and the green fees are reasonable and less costly than my home preserve of New York City. Trees dot the fairways but don’t overwhelm or intrude, and the course never seems to be crowded.

We played there the last Sunday in October through a wind typical of autumn weather. Not sufficiently dressed I sought refuge in the 19th hole where Debbie and I sat down for some sustenance. The Chicken Pot Pie was truly much better than I expected and was perfect for chilled bones. The finely-crusted bread, flaky and moist, sat atop a perfectly seasoned dish of chicken and vegetables that was tantalizing from heat and smell. Both blended perfectly together in a hearty dish. Accustomed to a utensil in one hand and the salt shaker in the other, I chowed down heartily with just the former.

Enjoy the course and the 19th hole.

Date of experience: October 2014
3  Thank ed_pauzer
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Towanda CC is one of my favorite courses in the area! I've played there a lot and it's still interesting and challenging! They have a lot of tough dog leg tee shots and some really tough greens! Nice elevation changes and nice views throughout the course. Pro shop staff are ok, could definitely be friendlier but the course is all I really care about honestly. The rate is reasonable at $37 and the course is fun and never gets old!

Date of experience: May 2014
3  Thank Stinger82
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fun place to golf awsum food and the staff were great. Always cold beer and a fun time at the bar. Not to stuffy ,

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank dennis c
Reviewed 22 July 2013

below average course that is overpriced and full of people who are full of themselves thinking they are playing augusta. Staff and course are insult to the game.

Date of experience: July 2013
6  Thank frogmansunny
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My Brother and I played here 2 or 3 times a year for the past 25 years. Now my sons
are begging me to play here again. I love the air and the view. The holes are balanced.
Some holes are challenging and some are birdies opportunities. This place will get your hooked.
The new owner and pro shop workers are very nice.

Date of experience: May 2013