“Great camping ”

Tionesta Lake and Dam
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Tionesta
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We had a 40 ft 5th wheeler with full hookup. The sites are plenty long enough and spacious but not much turning area to back it in. Our water line had a leak coming from under ground. They responded quickly but could not fix it and said might be end of season before repaired. I also noticed a lot of limbs just waiting to scratch your rv especially near the dam. And yes I did notify a ranger but after 2 weeks still nothing! I would normally give this campground 5 stars but with over hanging branches ( no excuse with good maintenance) I give it only 4 !

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Enjoy a family adventure on Tionesta Lake. The lake provides a large area for boating outside of the wake area. The lake is deep and is good for water skiing, tubing or even kayaking close to shore. Camp along the lake in the wilderness on a first-come-first-serve basis. Restrooms are located beside the parking lot; otherwise, not offered around the lake. During warm, summer days during the weekends, lines can be long waiting to load and unload boats. Two boats can load/unload at the same time.

A campground is available below the dam with a few amenities offered.

Bottom Line: Great visit just be prepared to wait.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I did not camp at this property so I do not have any information regarding camping. For an afternoon hike I did enjoy the trail to the right as you enter the park ( sorry I forgot the name ) it is clearly marked with signage. The trail is pretty well groomed, it can be a bit challenging in spots so if you have mobility issues it may not be easy for you. Also, bring the bug spray! Other than that, it is nice and peaceful and heavilly wooded

1  Thank Melvswild2015
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Good sized lake. We rented a pontoon boat from the on site business. Enjoyed the day boating and swimming from the boat as well as some decent "beach" areas. No sand, it's all rock. Saw plenty of wildlife as well. Appears you can boat in and camp out around the lake as there were numbered sites...not many level. Boat launch fee applies and boats must be registered.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Booked our campsites from the website with never being in this campground before. I wish we would have drove through before we booked to camp. We reserved sites 75 and 77 for tent camping. Site 75 was all gravel with just a very small patch of grass, not big enough to put a tent up in. Camping in the gravel made it very uncomfortable on the bare feet when in the tent or when kneeling down. The online map made it look like there would be some distance between us and the site on the left of us, not so. There is no privacy in between sites here (unlike Bucaloons near Warren). We were going to use the water on the site to wash dishes however the water was a very odd shade of orange/brown. The showers were not the best I have ever used, nor were they the worst. I would recommend wearing cheap flip flops due to the amount of hair in the bottom of the shower stalls. Overall the campground is VERY clean, quiet and everyone there is friendly. The lake is beautiful. There was a church group that come around with a newsletter and did crafts with the children one morning. There is a nice gentleman that drives around and sells firewood which was a perk as well. If you are going to go here and tent camp I would recommend sites 93,95,97,100,109,110,112,118 or 120.

3  Thank Conwayluvs2travel