See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Great people, greet food, a beautiful lake, a beautiful property, nice hiking, and when were there the blueberries were ripe on the vine. Yum! The ride on the impeccably kept antique wooden Chris-Craft was icing on the cake...

I am a vegan. My wife is not. Pam kept us both very happy.

This is among the best B&B's we have been to. A return visit is sure to be in our future plans.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cliffhd
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Recently, my husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Fiddle Lake Farm after a friend's wedding at nearby Fern Hall Inn. Staying at Fiddle Lake Farm for the wedding was the best decision we could've made. The Innkeepers, Pam and Craig, run such an amazing Bed & Breakfast that you won't believe a fantastic stay like this is possible in such an affordable price range.

Fiddle Lake Farm is a restored farmhouse from the 1800s. It's amazing to me that the owners were able to take this structure from a building with only barn board walls and no electricity or plumbing and turn it into a remarkable home with a Victorian feel, modern amenities and touches of luxury. Such care was taken in the restoration with incredible attention to detail. It's like staying in a museum, with your knowledgeable guides being the innkeepers who ensure you have the most pleasant experience possible.

In addition to this beautiful home and its amazing and comfortable luxury, the property surrounding the farmhouse is vast and allows for guests to enjoy the great outdoors, including hikes, bike rides, boating (with choices including a rowboat, pedal boat canoe and kayaks) fishing, swimming and more. There is a lake house (also available to rent), but if you are staying at the farmhouse, a dock is reserved for farmhouse guests, so you can enjoy this beautiful attraction of the property. We visited in summer but it's obvious there is much to do any season - even winter, since they are located right by Elk Mountain.

To make our arrival to and from the wedding seamless, Craig and Pam drove us and the other Fiddle Lake guests to Fern Hill and picked us up after the wedding. Such consideration to go above and beyond for their guests was remarkable. We were able to enjoy the event without fear of getting lost on the way back. Their thoughtfulness to provide this service really showed us how seriously they take their mission of providing incredible hospitality to their guests.

In the morning, Pam served us a delicious organic breakfast of our choice, and we relaxed with other guests from the wedding, who we had just met that weekend but felt like fast friends in this tremendous atmosphere.

In today's modern age, it is rare to find a location run by such dedicated individuals who love what they do and treat you not only as guests but also like longtime friends. It was our first time in a B&B and it certainly won't be our last.

If you are going to be in the area, be sure to stay at Fiddle Lake for affordable luxury and an experience you really won't find anywhere else. Pam and Craig made us feel welcome and invited. I only wish we could've arrived sooner and stayed longer. All the more reason for another visit!

p.s. Make sure you try the honey. We are still talking about it and will be raving about it - as well as our stay at Fiddle Lake - for a long time to come!

Room Tip: Guest Room # 3 was our choice, and it was amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aubsie2
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We seem to be the first to review Fiddle Lake Farm in the summer season, so I hope I can remember all the features that make it a great destination in warm weather as well as in ski season. First, I suppose, is access to their lake property, which is a very short drive or fairly easy walk from the farmhouse. For those who like small lakes, there are kayaks, tire swings, benches, a large lawn, and swimming off the dock -- and probably more that I don't remember because we only spent a short time there.

The old farmhouse is meticulously restored, and there's a story behind almost every feature of the restoration and every family antique and heirloom. The dining room is elegant and the bedrooms comfortable. And we couldn't believe the food -- organic, imaginative and delicious. There is even a menu of choices for breakfast. We tried different things each time, and they were all so good we couldn't even pick a favorite.

Of course it is Pam and Craig who make all the difference here. They are a gracious, interesting couple, and genuinely eager to make your stay a successful one in every way. As someone else remarked, you leave feeling almost as if you are leaving family or old friends.

We look forward to returning later this summer.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pathfinderNj
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I booked my husband and I a room for two nights at Fiddle Lake Farm as a Christmas gift to him, since he is very fond of the area and loves to ski. The farm is conveniently located just a few miles from Elk Mountain. My husband tells me our trip to Fiddle Lake was one of the best gifts he ever received and I know the success of this gift had just about everything to do with the attention, kindness and comfort we received from Pam, Craig and family at the inn.

The ambiance of the inn was very charming, replete with antiques that Craig & Pam were happy to tell you about, if you were interested. The inn was full when we were there, but we always had adequate privacy and felt like the only guests due to the excellent service we received. The food was nothing short of gourmet and the portions very generous.
I can't imagine a nicer abode to have returned to after a day of skiing at Elk Mountain. By the end of the weekend we felt like more like friends than guests. And like you return to visit old friends, my husband and I will go back to Fiddle Lake Farm.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LaViajera578
Reviewed 14 March 2011

After many date changes due to schedule issues we finally made our trip to stay at Fiddle Lake Farm on March 10, 2011. Didn't think we would be able to ski at Elk after all the rain- but we did and Fiddle Lake was very convienent to the mountain. Both Pam and Craig were wonderful as was the Farm House itself. For one that has never stayed at a B & B the experience was terrific and will certainly be back!! The house was very comfortable, clean and inviting.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple