“Christmas time in Steeler Nation” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tarentum
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Christmas time in Steeler Nation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I arrived on Friday, December 23, 2011 to spend the holiday with a friend that I had not
seen for 40 years. The guest service representative greeted me and gave me an extra
key to my room that I was sharing with my friend from Savannah, Georgia. I arrived at the
room which happened to be down a long hallway and started to get settled in. My roommate
arrived a short time later and related her traveling experience of two days earlier. She had
fallen at the airport in Savannah, her plane made an emergency landing in Columbia, SC,
she was routed to Philadelphia and finally arrived in Pittsburgh with no luggage. (Well on
Day 2 her luggage was delivered from Washington, Dulles with no problem).

We got ready to leave that evening for Vandergrift about a 30 minute drive. We met a
lady from Florida who was able to give us directions. The front desk did not have a clue.
Well, we used the GPS in the van and made it to our destination. On the way back, we
went to Allegheny General Hospital and my friend got checked out and the found out that
my friend had broken her ankle in two places and the doctor put a cast on it.

When we arrived back at the hotel, I asked them to move our room. They quickly moved
our room to Room 219 right by the elevator. My friend was on crutches and hobbled up
the elevator. The hotel did not have a wheelchair. Well, I moved all the luggage, etc.
because their are no bellhops but the hotel said to let them know if we needed anything.

The hotel is great. It offers a nice spread for breakfast: waffles, cereal, eggs, ham, pastries,
juices, coffee, tea, milk. There is more than enough to please everyone. They have a pool and exercise room. The lobby has computers, MAC machine, and of course, a big screen
tv. I was able to watch "The Sound of Music" with another guests while drinking hot chocolate. In addition, the hotel is centrally located and easy to access Route 28 which is 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. There are great restaurants and shopping nearby and a theatre. I would recommend this highly for anyone who is visiting in the area. All staff was
friendly and polite even the ones who had to work on Christmas.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

This hotel is right off of route 28. It is located next to Pittsburgh Mills Mall, and many resturants are in the area. It is about a 15 to 20 minute drive into downtown Pittsburgh. The hotel was spotless, quiet, and comfortable.The area the hotel is located in felt safe, and I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MPHM18705
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

This property is very nice and well maintained. Rates seem high but there is nothing on this level between here and downtown pittsburgh. The staff are super friendly and try their best to be helpful. Housekeeping is what you would expect from a property like this. They do seem to lack blankets and warm quilts on the bed. I've stayed here many times over the last year and thought that when the weather turned colder they would put some warmer stuff on the beds but it hasnt happened as of 2 weeks ago. Nice overall.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
North Battleford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

While in Pittsburgh on business I stayed 2 nights at the SpringHill Suites. The front desk staff were very friendly and were able to help with all my requests. The room was very spacious with a separate sitting area. Breakfast had a great variety including hot items and waffles.
Close to lots of shopping and restaurants.
I will make the SpringHill Suites my property of choice in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Girard, Pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

The place iss beautiful, so clean--the welcoming people at the front desk were awesome--so friendly. I wasn;t in my room 20 min. when I got a call to see what i needed. All i could really think of was maybe an extra packet of decaf. coffee....I hated to evven bother them for this---they were there with 4 packets and a big smile in 5 minutes!!! Breakfast included---good coffee, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, fresh juices----what else could you want?? vERY NEW AND CLEAN. wanted to check out the hot tub--but forgot my bathing suit. looked clean and pool was beautiful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarentum
4.1 km away
15.7 km away
Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty
33.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport South / Robinson Township

Been to SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK