“Great steakhouse in the Poconos”

The Frogtown Chophouse
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Swiftwater
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This classic American chophouse menu offers sumptuous culinary delights – including lobster claw and jumbo lump crab meat as well as a 16 oz. dry-aged porterhouse. Other entrees include half crispy duck and buttery grouper. If you’re looking for something casual we have several options from lobster wraps and cheeseburgers to entree salads. Whether you’re looking for a night of fine dining or a casual meal to enjoy; we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I had a great steak dinner this weekend. Place had a real nice atmosphere and there was also live music. I had a filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. My only negative comment would be to skip getting an additional side with your meal. I got a second side dish for $5.25 and the portion was rather small for the cost.

Frogtown Chopho... F, Public Relations Manager at The Frogtown Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry to hear you were unimpressed with your side portion. We are a small business and take your feedback to heart. We are always learning and growing. Our chef has since increased the portion size of our side dishes. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The food was great but the service was super slow. We were there about an hour and a half before we saw our salads. Then the entrees were another long wait and we thought we would have to sleep there to get the bill taken care of. One of our bills was wrong on top of that.

The salmon was very good as was the very large Caesar salad. The bread was nothing special. My dining companions had the crab cake, cheese steak sandwich and steak. Everyone was very happy with their food.

Hello! We're glad you enjoyed your meal, and apologize sincerely for your wait. As I'm sure you noticed, we are a very small restaurant with only 95 seats. As such we must staff based on reservations and sometimes miss the mark. Large parties tend to slow our kitchen down and it sounds like your table may have gotten caught in the middle. We apologize again and hope that you give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Great food we had crispy chicken is was delicious, my husband had NY strip-wonderful. Great service and good atmosphere.

Frogtown Chopho... F, Public Relations Manager at The Frogtown Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate your feedback and we'd love to have you back again!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Googled this place after leaving casino and it said opened at 5. Waited out front 'til after 5, door was still locked and it was a little chilly. Left and found a place that was open for business!

1  Thank Charles M
Frogtown Chopho... F, Owner at The Frogtown Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

I am always upset when a guest takes the time to 2 star a small family business without even experiencing the restaurant. This review will hurt our near 5 star status and you didn't even try the food, experience the ambiance or get our near perfect service. Why would you not try and knock, call the property or go through the door to hotel that is always open and ask what is going on? If you parked in the back of the building I know that my kitchen staff was sitting around discussing the night ahead, they would have loved to help you. My team goes above and beyond to make our guests happy and our reviews show that. Next time I would ask that you please go the little step further and try more than just pulling a door and standing for 5 or 10 minutes. Trust me, I would not intentionally keep the door locked....we are in the business of serving guests not locking them out!!!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Wife and I enjoyed our dinner here. The food was good but there was not a large variety to select from. The appetizers actually outperformed the meals.