All reviews cocktail hour the cottages wedding venue main building prime rib gas fireplace seafood buffet outdoor wedding indoor pool multiple weddings meatballs restaurant staff living area continental breakfast friday night beautiful property brunch
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

This place is a wedding factory...buyer beware! My son and his now wife paid for their own wedding (she grew up nearby with family ties in the area). My husband and I joined them for a food tasting last November. Based on that experience (we stayed at the inn for 2 nights) we opted NOT to bring out our of state party to the Stroudsmoor. The inn was musty, old, bathroom was tight with poor drainage, and the climate control in the room was non existent. The "free" breakfast was unexceptional with slow service.
The food tasting was amazing! Based on that they chose sirloin steak and a chicken entree.
Fast forward...at the wedding reception, the "chef selected " appetizers were quite good with several being excellent. Hope's were high until dinner was served...the sirloin was nothing like what we tasted...it was flavorless and covered in a gelatinous mushroom sauce. The food overall, including the much anticipated cake, was almost inedible and certainly dry.
The couple hosted a beer and wine only bar for a limited time - perfectly fine and nice that they are allowed that flexibility. The wine was basic jug wine...the jugs were visible. After the allotted time, a glass of wine was $9!! For cheap jug wine, nothing fine or even mid range. I honestly think that the stroudsmoor thinks their clientele is stupid.
Worse by far was the wedding planner assigned to my sons wedding. Ashley is someone who should never interact with the public. She was uncaring, argumentative, and unpleasant. I plan to document her mishandling of my sons wedding with management...not that they will care
Bottom line...stay away! You will be up charged for everything, subjected to "bait and switch" tactics and treated like crap if you ask a question. I'm not familiar with the area, but there must be a nice and friendlier place to get married.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Went to a wedding there. The wedding venue was fine but the accommodations were awful. Room was on 2nd floor with no elevator (I have a bad knee). Room was dark and dreary. There was a huge water stain on ceiling. No fridge, no microwave. The bed was awful. So hard I had to sleep on top of the covers to cushion it. I actually spent the 2nd night at the hotel down the street. Breakfast was good. The price I was quoted was not what they charged me. When I told clerk about all the problems, she said "we'll look into it". Not even an I'm sorry or possibly a discount off the price since I couldn't sleep there. Do NOT accept a room in the area above the registration desk.

Room Tip: Do no accept a room over the registration area
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The Stroudsmoor Country Inn is incredibly beautiful! I was visiting the area on business and can't say enough wonderful things about the suites, the owners, the staff, the experience, the food, the treats -- the SPA -- literally absolutely every. thing. If I were planning a wedding, they would be on the very top of my wishlist (though it would be hard to choose between all of the perfectly appointed venues on the property!) The bakery is not to be missed! So many fun sweet treats in there! I came home with several for my coworkers and family and they were in awe of the detail as well as the beauty of the cookies! What a pleasure to visit! I can't wait to go back. As for some of the other reviews - I'm not sure where those things are coming from. There was no restriction on television channels or wi-fi and they had a "love wins at Stroudsmoor" sign in one of the offices. They welcome and appreciate the GLBTQ+ community. The views were breathtaking. I love everything about this place. xox

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We have been here for dinner in the past & always was a good experience, SO when we had our employees come from out of town to town to work at our local office In Bangor thought it would be great to have them stay here....So they checked in on Sept 9th 2018 Room was freezing it was a cold night in the 50's and raining , they called down to the lobby and they said they would take care of it never did , they actually went to the car to keep warm at one point and even advised the CLERK of the same who didn't seem to care, so they were freezing all night basically and there was little to NO HOT WATER , the next day was the same thing they finally had a maintenance man come up who couldn't find the thermostat in the room "BECAUSE THERE WAS NONE" and he didn't know that ! bottom line they never got heat and barely any hot water no one did anything about it after complaining several times to no avail they were exhausted and disgusted after 2 nights of poor customer service ! they actually check out of the room a full 24 hours EARLY ! when asked why, the clerk was told and again no remorse no nothing no offer to refund for the early departure due to their incompetence so they checked into the Wyndham in Stroudsburg and that went well and cost us more money to accommodate them. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR ANYONE TO STAY AT IT WAS A DISASTER AND EMBARRASSING FOR US !

Room Tip: TIP is...stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paulie9999
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

This buffet is amazing. Fresh. Plump oysters, crab meat, lobster, crabs. Incredible seafood gumbo. Large. Salads, various hot entrees
And home made. Desserts. Unlimited