See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2018

nice place for traveling
great view and so much lovely people is in there and im so glad to travel there
and i wish i can go there again
quality of every thing is up on 5 star hotel and i enjoy of my room so much

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Due to complete closures on routes 80 West, 84 West and 380 North, we had to find a hotel to stay in during the recent snowstorm. This was our only option. While nice enough to find us a couple of rooms, the establishment is truly rundown, malodorous and dirty. I'm not going to get into details, but the only reason you should stay here is if there are absolutely no options left. If this hotel is expensive for you, go camping. It will be a better experience and better value. The rooms are caught in a vortex of smoke smells on the corridor side and chlorine on the pool side. We had to stay here for safety purposes, but there should be no other reason to stay here until they deal with the odors, clean the hallways, and paint, clean and modernize all the rooms.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank Donald R
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Please stay away from this hotel it has a BED BUGS!!! I was happy until the next morning when my husband have bites all over his chest, belly and arms.The hotel refused to take any responsibility and reimburse me for the costs of the room.We went to a dermatologist and is confirmed as a bed bugs bites,hotel manager is a joke.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
17  Thank Partycja S
jlbuscec, Manager at Pocono Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

We checked with a exterminator and he confirmed we donot have bedbugs
Besides why didnt u get bit also

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Look, my wife and I have stayed in our share of cheap hotels. We are not uptight, as long as the room is clean and we have a restful night’s sleep we are usually all good. A good breakfast is a plus too. But this place was $125 a night and is an absolute dive.

From the minute got there, it seemed shady. The “Quality Inn” sign was hastily painted over with black paint. The front marquis (on the car port) was renamed from “Quality Inn” to the name of “Pocono Plaza Inn”. My guess is that the “Quality Inn & Suites” company got wind of this place and pulled the franchise. Or, these guys just decided not to pay the franchise fee any more. Either way, it is completely obvious that this place has cut corners everywhere they could and left the room charges high.

We only stayed there for 2 nights. Friday, and well… PART of Saturday (more on that later).

The room was decent enough. The bed was pretty comfortable. The pillows are terrible. Linen and cleanliness was… fine. Not great. The safe was not working, the toilet clogged. We fixed the toilet. The ONE maintenance guy they have for the entire place came and fixed the safe.

The bar in the hotel was baron. We were like 2 of 5 people there. The DJ was horrible, loud, and did not know his audience. The beer was okay, but the cocktails were watered down without a doubt.

The pool was nice and warm, and pretty clean. Again, fine, not great. I did notice an underwater light was not secured correctly, and none of the pool lights were working. The pool towels are scratchy, hard to come by and laughably small; seriously. Like hand towel size. Nevertheless it was just me and my wife on a Friday night in the pool and we were just having a good time relaxing in it. Pool hours are until 10 PM and we stayed in a bit longer, QUIETLY whispering and staying in one place, not splashing around, just trying to relax. The manager yelled at us to get out and I asked why adults need to get out when we aren’t bothering anyone. She answered, “We are getting complaints. People see and hear everything you do”, which was... nothing. Regardless, we exited the pool and went to bed.

SATURDAY - The “complimentary breakfast” was a JOKE. DO NOT BELIEVE THE PICTURES. It was cereal, stale bread, half-cooked potatoes, and powdered eggs. No bacon, no sausage, no ham. No waffles, no pancakes, no bagels. The coffee was DISGUSTING. Thank goodness there was a Perkins across the street. We left and went there.

Returning from town around 7 PM, we noticed a lot more people in the pool. We went in the pool for a while as well. By 9 PM we were exhausted and just figured everyone would get kicked out of the pool at 10 PM like we did. We tried resting. 10 PM came and went. Then 11 PM. We still heard splashing, screaming, laughing. Funny how their “rules” only apply to us, not their incredibly rude (and drunk) guests.

12 AM - we finally no longer heard splashing, but still lots of noise and yelling.

1 AM, more of the same.

2 AM – still loud noises, partying, carrying on --- we called the front desk and complained. The manager on duty half-heartedly tried to quiet them down. He’d leave, they’d start back up. Plus, right next door they were smoking pot and playing loud music.

3 AM - After a few calls to the front desk, we walked to the front desk to talk to the manger on duty. We told him about our problem. We said we wanted to leave, our night (and our sleep) was ruined, and our next door a-hole “neighbors” were still carrying on. He said he would not give us a refund, but he would call his manager to see if he could change our room. We were packed up already, ready to leave. His Manager said we could move to another room, but our room would be a downgrade and NO REFUND of any amount even though it was a DOWNGRADE by his own admission. The manger on the phone said she would not accommodate us any further, like WE were annoying her.

Luckily, we did not book through the hotel, we used a third party. The third party eventually gave us a voucher for the total cost for one night in our awful room. In the future, we will NEVER even think of booking directly through the hotel for this reason. Had we done so at this dive, we would have been out of luck.

We left promptly after we got off the phone with Hotels.com. I said to the manager on duty “It’s not your fault that your guests were being a-holes. It’s your fault you didn’t really do anything about it. It’s not your fault that you could not give us our money back, or put us in an EQUAL room, or at least give us a partial refund. YOUR manger is at fault for that. You did the best you could. Unfortunately, it wasn’t even CLOSE to being enough. “

Management is horrible and extremely rude. This place is run terribly. I’ll give them a few more years tops before they are belly-up. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
11  Thank SpANG1
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Went here with family for a couple days to stay here on a budget while we went skiing during the New Year. Hearing all the reviews made us a little nervous. When we came here honestly I have seen much worse, so I was fine. They say that the hotel has done some renovation but the only things that seem new is the bathroom. Some stuff definitely needs to do some redoing. Especially the carpets they seem to be the grossest part. Also the water in the bathroom came out as a dark brown color first, but coming from a family with plumbers we knew to give it a few minutes and it will be clear; though we were still a little annoyed of it.
The pool was beautiful but wow people need to clean it a bit!! The pool is definitely the selling point and gem in this hotel, it's what grabbed us to come here so please keep it nice and clean to enjoy!! Also there is not enough lightening in the pool area is was so dim in there some lights near the pool would be really good.There was also some sketchy/rowdy guests who were drinking and spilling alcohol in the pool and making the area more messy but we hope this is not the usual crowd here. The lobby and lounge area also looks very beautiful. I just wish they did a bit more cleaning up in the hallway and rooms to match the pretty front entrance. Did not eat here but we have heard good things about the pizza here.

My main issues is: come on guys! Fix your sign!!! I understand you're the Pocono Plaza Inn but the first look is everything and having a black spray paint covering over "Quality Inn" instead of easily getting a sign for your hotel name gives off a bad look for yourselves! Also, some customer service seemed a bit unreliable. I left something there during my stay and I called knowing exactly where it was but I was given the vibe they wouldn't even look for it and of course never got any call back trying to help. Definitely got the feeling of it being understaffed.

But with all this, I still think a hotel like this has A LOT of good potential. Just needs a bit more cleaning up and redoing and hiring more staff and WOW this place would be awesome. This place is only a few minutes away from all the visiting all the fun stuff such as skiing and shopping, obviously further than the hotels in the Shawnee area but this one is much cheaper (and you can tell why). But it still just needs very small makeover to make this place better. If I needed a cheap place to stay when I wanna go skiing, i'd still go here. Just please clean it up a bit you guys are great and can make it great!

Room Tip: higher floors were much quieter
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family