Strasburg Village Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfudgeamish countrythe ice cream shopbed and breakfasthome madehome frieslancaster areawonderful staybreakfast was deliciouswinerycreameryparlorojdanishoutletsattractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2009

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at the Strasburg Village Inn, The inkeepers, Don and Cindy, were gracious hosts. Cindy prepared a delicious breakfast each morning. They also helped us find local restaurants and attractions. The PA Railroad Museum, Choo-Choo Barn and the Toy train museum is a must. Also visiting some local Amish farms via a horse drawn buggy ride was great.
We stayed at the Strasburg Village Inn for three days before heading off the the York PA Expo for the fall train show. We will be back to the Strasburg Village Inn as there is still more sites we have to see in the area. I would highly recomend this B&B!

Reviewed 22 October 2009

We spent 3 nights here and the stay was perfect!. The B&B is beautifully decorated and the room was perfect. The Innkeepers were friendly and made the stay very pleasant. The hot breakfast and pastries were great. We plan to stay again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We just returned from a weeks vacation in PA. We stayed 2 nights at the Strasburg illage Inn - and had I done more research and relized that Lancaster was just 5 or so miles down the road, we would have extended our stay for the remaining 3 nights we stayed in PA. I had requested a quiet room, and got exactly that. We stayed in room 11, and just loved it. If I had to complain, it would be that we are used to sleeping on a King size, so me and my husband had to sleep more 'cozy' than we are used to - buy hey! it was like a 2nd honeymoon, so we cuddled away. The small ceramic fireplace gave plenty of heat for the bedroom. Since I did stay at another B&B - I can tell you this much: The food here can not be beat - you want more food? You want more coffee? No problem, Sue jumps up and fixes more - the other B&B served you your hot food premeasured, and you are not expected to ask for more if the amount is not enough, or what you expected. The quality of food was excellent, and Sue even offered to share her reciepes! When we left, both Sue and Don came out to the parking lot to wish us good bye and gave us hugs - to me, it felt like leaving home. The perfect way to compare the 2 B&Bs is this one, treats you like family, the other one we stayed at treated us like a customer. I know that if and when we come back, that we will be choosing the Strasburg Village Inn, and if Sue and Don ever come to TN, I expect them to be my guests at our home, (she just needs to bring her box of recipes so I can fix as amazing breakfasts for them as they did for us). For lunch or dinner there are restaurants around the Inn that are good good, and within walking distance. Breakfast time all the guests talked to one another, and Sue and Don sat after everyone else had thier fill, and they shared with us stories about the town, the townfolks, the Amish, thier family and they asked about you - I dont know, I just cant say enough. I had a great time, and all I can sugest is to give the Village Inn a try - I think the bad reviews are from before the new management and Inn Keepers started, so its not fair to rate it now based on before the new changes.
Sally E.
Tennessee

Reviewed 17 October 2009

Strasburg Village Inn is such a quaint bed & breakfast. It is very clean and well-maintained by the new innkeepers, Cindy & Don, who could not have been nicer. We were served a wonderful and different breakfast each morning. If you are looking for a relaxing place to get away, you will love Strasburg Village Inn. An added bonus is "The Creamery" in the same building!

It is central to many attractions/shopping/restaurants in the heart of Amish Country. Just walking down Main Street, where the Village Inn is located, was nice. If you are looking for a relaxing atmosphere in a place with a lot of history, this is the place to go!

Reviewed 16 September 2009

This inn is conveniently located in town. The rooms were very comfortable and amazingly clean in comparison to the Red Caboose Motel, which is where we stayed the previous night. The bathrooms were clean but could be updated. The breakfast food was presented nicely but needs to be of a better quality....to much sweet pastry and cereal stuff. Fresh fruit was served. We were warned of the morning traffic noise along the road and it was LOUD! If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the other more quiet side of the building. I didn't mind the noise of the horses and buggies. But the 18 wheelers shook the building. Supposedly, the town is building a bypass and those trucks won't be coming into town so much. But the best part of it for the kids was the idea they were sleeping above the Strasburg Creamery. For them, it was like sleeping in a candy store. They thought that was outrageous and loved eating there every day. They are know for their sweets but they also have lunch food. We'll visit there again, if only to eat in the creamery. BTW, in a little grey house next door, an Amish man makes the best pretzels and blackberry lemonade, which he sells out of his kitchen window like a fast food window.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family