“Fantastic B&B and Innkeepers”

Strasburg Village Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Strasburg B&B and Inns
montclair, nj
“Fantastic B&B and Innkeepers”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We had a great stay for Mother's Day Weekend. The decor and furniture are beautiful, and very clean. We appreciated the TV with DVD player in our room. Cindy was very kind to anticipate our young daughter's breakfast needs, and made her a special kid friendly entree. To top off a perfect stay, I got home to realize I had left behind a piece of jewlery in our room. Cindy had already left me a message at home about it, and quickly mailed it to me. I can't say enough about how great this B&B is. Thanks Cindy!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank colldaly
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Boston
Reviewed 24 October 2009

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at the Strasburg Village Inn, The inkeepers, Don and Cindy, were gracious hosts. Cindy prepared a delicious breakfast each morning. They also helped us find local restaurants and attractions. The PA Railroad Museum, Choo-Choo Barn and the Toy train museum is a must. Also visiting some local Amish farms via a horse drawn buggy ride was great.
We stayed at the Strasburg Village Inn for three days before heading off the the York PA Expo for the fall train show. We will be back to the Strasburg Village Inn as there is still more sites we have to see in the area. I would highly recomend this B&B!

Piedmont, NC
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We spent 3 nights here and the stay was perfect!. The B&B is beautifully decorated and the room was perfect. The Innkeepers were friendly and made the stay very pleasant. The hot breakfast and pastries were great. We plan to stay again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We just returned from a weeks vacation in PA. We stayed 2 nights at the Strasburg illage Inn - and had I done more research and relized that Lancaster was just 5 or so miles down the road, we would have extended our stay for the remaining 3 nights we stayed in PA. I had requested a quiet room, and got exactly that. We stayed in room 11, and just loved it. If I had to complain, it would be that we are used to sleeping on a King size, so me and my husband had to sleep more 'cozy' than we are used to - buy hey! it was like a 2nd honeymoon, so we cuddled away. The small ceramic fireplace gave plenty of heat for the bedroom. Since I did stay at another B&B - I can tell you this much: The food here can not be beat - you want more food? You want more coffee? No problem, Sue jumps up and fixes more - the other B&B served you your hot food premeasured, and you are not expected to ask for more if the amount is not enough, or what you expected. The quality of food was excellent, and Sue even offered to share her reciepes! When we left, both Sue and Don came out to the parking lot to wish us good bye and gave us hugs - to me, it felt like leaving home. The perfect way to compare the 2 B&Bs is this one, treats you like family, the other one we stayed at treated us like a customer. I know that if and when we come back, that we will be choosing the Strasburg Village Inn, and if Sue and Don ever come to TN, I expect them to be my guests at our home, (she just needs to bring her box of recipes so I can fix as amazing breakfasts for them as they did for us). For lunch or dinner there are restaurants around the Inn that are good good, and within walking distance. Breakfast time all the guests talked to one another, and Sue and Don sat after everyone else had thier fill, and they shared with us stories about the town, the townfolks, the Amish, thier family and they asked about you - I dont know, I just cant say enough. I had a great time, and all I can sugest is to give the Village Inn a try - I think the bad reviews are from before the new management and Inn Keepers started, so its not fair to rate it now based on before the new changes.
Sally E.
Tennessee

murrysville
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Strasburg Village Inn is such a quaint bed & breakfast. It is very clean and well-maintained by the new innkeepers, Cindy & Don, who could not have been nicer. We were served a wonderful and different breakfast each morning. If you are looking for a relaxing place to get away, you will love Strasburg Village Inn. An added bonus is "The Creamery" in the same building!

It is central to many attractions/shopping/restaurants in the heart of Amish Country. Just walking down Main Street, where the Village Inn is located, was nice. If you are looking for a relaxing atmosphere in a place with a lot of history, this is the place to go!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
0.4 km away
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
8.7 km away
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
5.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to Strasburg Village Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK