“The best!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The best!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I went to PSU decades ago, long before Otto's came on the scene. But my husband and I drive 90 miles every month or so just to have lunch there. The food is delicious, the menu varied, and the ice cream is Creamery ice cream! For my money it's one of the top 2-3 restaurants in State College these days.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“State College's Brew Pub”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Otto's serves as many as 10 of their own crafted beers daily along with liquor and wine. The menu is interesting and includes entrees that range from pizza to steak and include game dishes. Excellent beers!

Visited February 2012
Columbia, Maryland
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Not so terrible and the beers are good”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I was a bit concerned going to this place having read all the reviews! However, we went at an off-peak time - around 4pm on a Friday and although the place was fairly crowded, we were seated and served very quickly. The Slab Cabin IPA was good and the food we ordered - pulled pork sandwich/fries and chicken wings were fine. The braised mushrooms with some kind of goat cheese and crusty bread was a delicious appetizer and could have easily been shared by 3-4 people.

Visited February 2012
State College, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great local Food”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I miss the ambiance of the old Otto's, but the new location is just fine and certainly added capacity. I loved the food at the old location, and love the food at the new location even more, primarily because they have many menu items with locally grown and seasonal foods. Service is generally fine, but nothing extraordinary. I definitely recommend a visit.

Olney, Maryland
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Have a Feeling It's Better Than it Was for Me”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I liked the feel of this place. And the menu was interesting and more creative than your usual brew-pub. But the execution on my two take out meals was so-so. I ordered a Pot Pie, which turned out to be a glob of lukewarm vegetables and some meat, with two thin biscuits separate. Not much for the price. Next day, I ordered a beef on weck. The sandwich was good, especially with fresh horseradish. But the fries were just flimsy and awful. I ate three of them and quit. Why can't a restaurant take a few extra minutes to make crispy fries? Anyway, I didn't try the beer or other offerings so I suspect there might be some good things here. I just didn't experience much of them.

Visited January 2012