“Thieves”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 December 2014

I went here with a group of friends and even though service was terrible because we are college kids and waiters don't think they will get a good tip so focus on other tables we all still left him a 20% tip of our checks. However 3 days later I check my credit card statement to find out the waiter added $5 on top of my tip already making my $12 meal into a little over $20 meal. I went and talked to the Manager in person and he did absolutely nothing. The food is good but I am never going to go back.

1  Thank Anonymous23158496854

Reviewed 2 December 2014

We were in town for the MSU v Penn State football game and were staying next door at the Hampton Inn. If you show your key card, you get a 10% discount. We were looking for a good burger place and the hotel recommended Damon's. We walked over and were told it would be about a 15 minute wait for a table for two. As we waited, we looked around the restaurant and noticed many empty tables in several of the dining rooms. We could only assume that they didn't have enough staff to service all the tables and didn't want people to complain about service. Also, many of the staff were probably students and they probably went home to celebrate Thanksgiving with their families. In about 15 minutes we were seated and drinks were ordered and brought immediately. We then waited for some time for the waitress to come back to take our order. We did see her rushing around the restaurant so we don't believe she was deliberately ignoring us. We ordered the Mushroom Burger and the Philly Burger with minor changes to toppings, which the waitress had no problem doing. We had a choice between french fries and onion strings and ordered both, between us.The food service took some time and again it might have been because of understaffing of the kitchen but also because everyone was coming in about the same time before the football game. We eventually got our burgers which were served hot and to the correct doneness. The burgers were large and the serving of fries and onion strings were ample. Our waitress was as attentive as she could be and was very friendly. We enjoyed the burgers but couldn't comment on the Ribs which the restaurant is known for. We would definitely try this restaurant again if we are in the area.

1  Thank Ron26067
Reviewed 17 November 2014

There were 14 of us that wanted to have dinner together. The restaurant staff was very pleasant and pushed several tables together so we were able to sit as a group. They also were willing to split the check 3 ways since there were 3 families dining together.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

The service was average. The ordering process went smoothly. When the food arrived it was warm at best. Parking was ample. Although we ate on the second level, there were only one other table seated. There were just three people. Yet three other booths were not cleared. In the past always had a great experience but this time was not that good. Need some work.

1  Thank welltraveled_9
Reviewed 5 October 2014

While trying to determine my choice for dinner, I wanted to consider the nutritional values of some of my selections. The menus do not have any nutritional information so I requested the information from my waitress. Unfortunately, Damon's doesn't publish a nutritional menu of any kind. Damon's - please get with the times! My salad choice was good (and hopefully healthy) and the wait staff was friendly and responsive.