“Not bad!”

Frank's Old Fashion Pizzeria
Ranked #18 of 72 Restaurants in Somerset
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We had the spaghetti dinner and personal white pizza. I do think the spaghetti dinner was prefab, but it still wasn't bad. The white pizza was really good, though!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We are only in town for a few days and were too exhausted to go out to dinner, so we ordered a pizza to our hotel room.

For a small pizza with meatball, we were told there would be six slices and that it would be $13.68. This was expensive, but we did not feel like calling around, so we said "fine."

We paid by credit card and were told that the pizza would be delivered in half an hour. They took our hotel information and my cell phone number. At an hour and five minutes, we started trying to call Frank's to find out what happened. We called for about 15 minutes (no exaggeration) and the number was busy. I called my credit card company and they had already charged my card. We tried Frank's again and the line was still busy. We called the hotel front desk and they tried calling as well to cancel the order at this point. In the meantime, since we had reached an hour and a half and were very hungry, we started to contact another local pizzeria. Just as we were about to confirm the order with the other place, we got a knock on the door - it was the pizza from Franks. The delivery person advised us that there had been a lot of traffic. According to Google Maps, Franks is 0.2 miles from our hotel. I asked him how there was that much traffic. He said that he had another delivery on the other side of town. Of course, there was no reason they could not have called us to let us know that they were delayed so we could make our decision as to what to do.

Although I was sorely tempted to turn him away, we were hungry and told the other place to "forget it" and accepted the Frank's pizza.

Oddly, although the pizza should not have been even slightly warm by that time, the pizza was still hot. It did not have six slices - it had four. Although the portion of the pizza which had cheese on it was tasty, the pizza was mostly crust and there was almost no meatball on it.

To say that we were disappointed with this place is an understatement. You guys really need to get your act together.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We were traveling and arrived in a rainstorm a half and hour before they were supposed to close. It took us a while to make up our minds on what we wanted. The staff was patient and funny. The pizza was amazing (we tried 2 different ones)! One young man took the time to explain the historical photos hanging on the walls. A great experience!

1  Thank Lois A S
Reviewed 9 April 2018

My daughter and I were on a little excursion up to PA and discovered this little Pizzeria while visiting Somerset. It's an old timey pizza restaurant that prepares pizza the old fashioned way. We watched the man toss the dough, prepare the pizza, and place it in the oven until it reached perfection. Our pizza was a combo of two of their specialty pizzas. One-half was Franks special that included meats and veggies while the other half was slammed full of different types of cheeses including ricotta. The pizza was fantastic and the price was very reasonable. My daughter and I enjoyed our meal to the fullest. I would definitely recommend this pizzeria to anyone who visits the area.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Definitely a cut above the chains, but pizza was strangely lacking in sauce and therefore flavor. Salads come with meat and cheese too, but the salty Italian salad kind of hit the spot.