“A gem in a strip mall”

Nikolas' Cafe
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

This tiny cafe is everything the reviews say. We were skeptical when we walked in because it looks just like a standard pizza parlor. We didn’t think it could produce decent versions of the menu offerings. Boy, were we wrong! My salmon BLT on ciabatta was one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had. The fries were very good as well ( it appears that the chips are house-made, but we didn’t realize that when we ordered). My husband had veal Francese . He is extremely particular about his veal, and he said this dish was consistent with what a 5 Star restaurant would serve. He was initially taken aback by what seemed to be a small portion, but it turned out to be plenty, along with the accompanying large side salad and very good bread.
The young waitress was very friendly and very good.
Will definitely stop here on our next visit to Shrewsbury.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Small intimate setting inside! Patio seating weather permitting! Located in a strip shopping center. I would not expect the quality of food but pleasantly surprised me and my hubby. Quality ingredients is the secret. Freshly made food, excellently prepared and presented well! A wonderful addition to our neighborhood.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Ordered eggplant roll up , very nicely done marinara sauce home cooked it came with a salad that looked fresh. Excellent service that took great care of my table and everyone else around then gave me directions to an Amish market nearby

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018

There were no disappointments in our menu choices. We both chose different soups to begin with and then we had the pesto pasta and the bourbon salmon main courses. Both were absolutely delicious and we had no room for dessert. It is BYOB, so remember that before you get there. If they were closer to where I live I would be a regular.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I love this hidden gem of a restaurant. The food is always, fresh, innovative, and cooked to order. The staff is quite pleasant and helpful, and the décor is interesting. Great prices as well. Try it for yourself today!

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to Nikolas' Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK