All reviewsindoor poolwafflesamish countryroom was cleanaaa discountgranite countertopsfront desk staffplace to stayshoo fly piethe breakfast arearonks pastrasburg railroadsight sound theatrefree breakfastoutletssinkdutch
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The Sleep Inn is on a main highway but is away from the busiest section. Only a couple minutes' drive to Sight and Sound and other attractions. Only steps away from the Dutch Haven Shoo-Fly Pie Bakery, Dienner's Country Restaurant, and Miller's Smorgasbord. Plenty of parking. Plenty of parking. Room was fine; no complaints. Desk clerk was friendly. Breakfast is fine with the standard options. Probably will stay here again the next time I plan on going to Sight and Sound.

Room Tip: Note to early birds...Breakfast starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Everything from making the reservation to checking out was very good. The only things that kept me from rating this excellent is that the room needed updating (paint peeling in bath), and poor lighting.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bondville
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Rich & Doug are this hotel's greatest asset. From my 1st phone call to Rich to work out the logistics of my stay using points & AAA discount to the warm & caring greeting & service from Rich & Doug. They were informative & fun.
Most of the problems I had with the hotel were corporate issues like the design of the sink (difficult to reach the bowl due to its width,1 switch for light/exhaust fan,no night light & I hate those small pillows. The landscaping crew was mowing at 7:45am & the housekeeping staff was yelling & running vacuums next to our room with a do not disturb sign at 9am.
The breakfast was good but short staffed to keep it full & fresh. Flavored creamers would have been a nice addition. End of the hallway doors were not locked at night. Pool was like a sauna.
Location was excellent & Rich made sure that my room was away from the road traffic & on the top floor as requested. So, would I stay there again, probably for the right price & a chance to say hi to Rich & Doug again. Fix the problems, I'll be back to check.

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator & road.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel was in no way as good as the rating. Staff was friendly, location was great for what we wanted to do. Breakfast was average at best. Room was clean, poorly lite. Pool was very small. Exercise room was small and needed alot ot repair and upkeep. Many appliances in the hall, ie. Water fountains ice machine needed repair. Overall not worth what we paid for it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

We come to Lancaster each year and often have stayed in this Sleep Inn.
It is just East of RT 896, a major intersection.
Miller's, a famous Smorgasbord is 1/4 mile away, so you can walk there.
The hotel was quiet, and that is what I need from my hotel, to be able to sleep.
The breakfast was typical breakfast fare, but it was fine.
I was looking to book a place that was reasonably priced and this place gave me the best deal around.
It is minutes from the heart of Lancaster, whether you want to shop, Rockvale Square and Tanger are not far, there are plenty of restaurants, Sight and Sound is minutes South down RT896.
The American Music Theater is minutes away, just West on RT 30.
I have stayed here many times and hope to do so in the future.

Room Tip: Sound was not a problem on this trip, quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family