“Location good”

Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The location is good and the hotel is fairly clean but that is all it has going for it. The pool had a film that turned anyone off to swimming. The staff was not very personable but not snobish. The breakfast is not anything to brag about. We stayed here the last 2 years and we could tell the place has gone down hill since then. Maybe it has had a change in management. It clearly doesn't know the meaning of friendly customer service. Price is not bad but will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 January 2012

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then stay at comfort suites or Holiday inn express and pay $20-$40 more a night for basically the same thing in a veryyyyy crowded area on Lincoln hwy. The biggest difference I found was the beds. I have a plush pillow top at home and both other hotels I named are just as good. The beds at Sleep Inn are more firm so if you like that this may be better... Th TV's here are still square and the room is pretty small but who goes on vacation for flat screens and to hang out in the room haha. Def. bring a blanket if you are used to down comforters or plush bedding at home. their bed spreads are verrrry light. The front desk staff is very kind and helpful and there is a computer and printer in the lobby. The indoor pool area is heated and the pool is very warm and clean!! The location is my favorite part!! I spend a lot of time in Bird-in-Hand, at Kitchen Kettle & Strasburg so staying here I avoided the horrible traffic I mentioned that is further down by all the Chain stores that are ruining my vacations more and more with each one they build!! You can walk next door to the Outhouse, Jakeys, deinners & a gift shop that gives you the best hot samples of shoofly pie. So yes I was originally just staying here because I used my Choice privilege reward points & Comfort suites was fully booked but Now I would def. stay again!! If you do not know what choice privilege points are you need to google it and get them if you like traveling!! I have not payed for a hotel in over 3 years since I not only signed up with this but got the credit card as well. I use that instead of cash, build my hotel points, and pay it off when the bill comes in... Just something to keep in mind.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nadia242
Reviewed 9 January 2012

going in January is the best. We had wonderful weather to enjoy the hotel and the country side. Because there are only a few tourists the hotel was cleaner and the hot water was wonderful. Go now before it snows.

Room Tip: this time of year you can pick any room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We have been staying at this property since it first opened. We've always been satisfied with the maintenance and cleanliness of the hotel. Unfortunately, this cannot be said of our last visit. We checked in on 10/11/2011 and checked out on 10/15/2011. We are members of the Choice Hotels Privileges club and should theoretically be greeted as such upon check-in. This was not done. The sink in our bathroom had a large crack in the basin which someone had tried to do a home repair on. Unsightly to say the least. We told the manager Mital about it. I'm sure that he was already aware. On the morning of 10/14 at around 6:20, I felt something under the sheet crawling on my leg. When I moved, I felt a bite. I flipped back the covers and turned the light on. There was some sort of bug running across the sheet. My wife got a tissue and I managed to "capture" and kill it. Still in my pajamas, I headed for the elevator. As I arrived there, the night manager Rich was just coming out. I showed him the bug. His reply was "what is that?". I replied "you tell me". He said that he would tell the morning manager Stan about it. When we went downstairs, Stan was on duty. He said that Rich had told him nothing. His statement to me was "what do you want me to do?" I requested that the room be fumigated and that the bedding be changed out. He said that it would be taken care of. I phoned the hotel later in the day and Mital said that it had been taken care of. When we returned back in the late afternoon, Mital said that the room had been "treated" and that it was thoroughly vacuumed and the bedding had been changed. He also mumbled something about a credit. When we arrived at the room, there was absolutely no trace of any chemical smell and there were spots in the room which still had dirt on the floor. The next morning, the bill arrived under the door. There was no credit. I went to speak with Stan. He said that he would credit back one night and then decided that he would have to talk to Mital first. He took my phone number and told me that Mital would phone me when he arrived in the afternoon. Mital never did phone me. That evening I contacted Mital. He said that he would credit me back one night's stay. When the credit appeared on my charge card, it was for 1/2 night's charge. I sent three emails to the property, all of which went unanswered. I finally sent a snail mail to Choice Hotel's CEO Mr. Joyce. I ended up speaking with Susan at their corporate headquarters. While they do grant the franchise, apparently there is little that they can do to control the practices of the individual franchisee. I eventually got some points put on my account. We had been staying at this hotel every April and October since they opened. While I understand that "things" happen, there is no excuse for the total lack of customer service displayed by Mital. We will NOT be staying here in April.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Trainman52
Reviewed 25 October 2011

If you stay there beware - make sure that you take all of your valuables because I accidently left some money in the room which was gone when I returned. We had a handicap accessible room - bathroom was horrible - tub too high for the elderly to get into safely and the storage was a table over by the door, not anywhere near where you needed it - all in all I say find another place to stay!
Didn't even get an I'm sorry from hotel staff for my loss.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank kitm704
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
3.2 km away
3.7 km away
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
1.2 km away
Cherry Lane Motor Inn

Been to Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Ronks? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK