“how many trucks can pass this room in one night?”

Scottish Inns Ronks
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
northern virginia
“how many trucks can pass this room in one night?”
Reviewed 3 December 2007

this was one of the worst motels ever for road noise. half way through the night , we began a game of guessing what gear the trucks were in by the loudness of the engines. it really sounded like they were coming through the front window.

so sad because the room was clean and the staff explained that they wanted to construct the building facing away from the road but were not allowed to by the zoning dept.. too bad because i can not imagine any one ever returning after one night.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank generalcontractor
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
USA
Reviewed 18 June 2007

I don't agree with many of these reviews. The best thing I can say about the place is that it was clean. Even so, the hotel description says that it is a brand new building but this did not seem to be the case. The hotel is a stones throw from Rte 30, which i took as a negative since it is very loud and many trucks go on that route - bring earplugs. Also, we requested a crib via the booking on expedia though when we arrived at the hotel we were almost laughed at by the hotel owner.... they don't have them. Location is convenient to everything in Lancaster county though, but there are better choices in the neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank McElian

Travellers are raving about these Ronks hotels

sparrows point
Reviewed 17 October 2006

My husband and I have been going for the past few months to lancaster checking out homes in the area to buy. Every weekend it was a go on line and a book a weekend hotel or motel. Well after looking on the internet and every week driving by place after place it seemed each hotel got worse, one weekend we got a shower that didnt work, the next week air conditioning that was broken, the following week beds and bugs. Each hotel looked nice from the outside. Finally another weekend and we decide ok to try again for a nice weekend when we arrive not knowing it was Bike Week/Harley Davidson week in Lancaster, all the hotels posted vacancy's.....I mean we rode for miles outside to where the cows only graze....not finding a place to stay we decided to head out to the interstate we saw the Scottish Inns. My husband and I both saw this place many times before but we never heard of them, so they had a vacancy. It was a little Pricey at $99 a night but when we got to our room it was in the back of the hotel where it overlooked the amish country. I feel in love with my husband all over. The smell of the country clean air, it was romantic to sit on the front porch where a bench for two sat and the room....oh my....brand new...new curtains, furniture, refrigerator, a bathroom ...so clean just like my own home and the most comfortable beds...we both sank into a wonderful relaxing sleep. It made it hard to want to get up. We watched in the morning the amish family getting there cattle and the kids running for church. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed there and was most impressed by the owners. They were most helpful in making sure our stay was wonderful. Again....HATS OFF TO YOU!!!! Tracy and Jayme Cook

• Liked — ROOMS ARE LIKE BRAND NEW..SO CLEAN AND FRESH
  • Disliked — ONE THING...WISH BATHTUB WAS BIGGER/NO HANDICAPP ROOM IN TUB FOR BENCH TO WASH UP WITH
  • Tips/Secrets — YES YOU'LL FINALLY GET A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP...BUT DONT FORGET TO GET UP EARLY AND WATCH THE SUNRISE
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dewgirl
Lakewood, NJ
Reviewed 24 September 2006

Stayed here this past weekend - normally we would stay at a more upscale hotel but we were there for a funeral not as a vacation so needing only somewhere to sleep overnight we tried the Scottish Inn. The manager is pleasant - the room is adequate but not worth the $80 plus tax (AAA rate) that we paid. Imagine yourself trying to get a good nights sleep if your bed were placed alongside a raceway. Get the picture? Sleeping is next to impossible as you are only a short distance from Rt. 30 where trucks barrel down the highway all night long. And we paid $80 for this!!! If I had booked a motel for $40 I would take responsibility and say that you get what you pay for but $80 is not chump change. During our stay, the guest above us were really loud - we didn't call the manager until around 10:30pm - he said he would talk to them. Well, of course, after he did, the noise got louder. He never once called us back to see if the problem was solved. Upon checkout, my husband related the problem and we found out that a family had rented two rooms - the kids in one room directly above us and the parents in another room. Hence the problem. This could happen anywhere but I know the better hotels/motels resolve these issues very quickly. We would never stay there again and it has turned us off to ever staying at any Scottish Inn or their affiliates.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — noise level from close proximity to highway
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here if you want to sleep at night
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IANHOL
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2006

I have been working in Lancaster for the past few months and after a few weeks of driving 60 odd miles each way every day decided to stay in a hotel some nights during the week. I have to pay out of my own pocket so wanted something habitable and not too expensive. I was staying in the Econo Lodge North for $41 a night but two weeks ago they upped their prices to $62 a night (AAA) which just wasn't worth it for a rundown hotel. I tried the Super 8 for one week, never again and then stumbled upon the Country View Inn (Scottish Inns) in Ronks. My wife and I stayed there on Sunday night (July 3rd) and it was the nicest place I have stayed in, in Lancaster, by far. The rooms are not large but are perfectly adequate. Our's had two queen beds, a fridge (which they don't mention on their website), a 27 inch TV with around 80 channels and a table and chairs. The bathroom was immaculate with an excellent shower. All rooms are non-smoking but they have benches outside on the porch where you can smoke if you wish - the rooms are drive-up style. There is no breakfast offered but you can get coffee. The hotel's location is on Route 30 but further East of the outlets section. It is surrounded by countryside - Amish farms and there is an excellent diner just a half-mile West of the hotel if you want to eat cheap but good. About a half mile East is Miller's Smorgesboard if you really want to fill your boots.

Oh, room cost was $64.99 a night. Not the cheapest but for what you get it is excellent value for money. I have cancelled my hotel bookings for this week and booked the Country View Inn instead. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed July 2006