“Very Clean with Excellent Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Ronks
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“Very Clean with Excellent Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

They just opened Sept/2011 so the hotel is brand new. Nice 15x20 small pool. Centrally located, with super large farm out your window. Outside ONLY, the farm fields March/2012 smelled like fertilizer. Dont think you can fully eliminate that aroma in Lancaster, especially during early planting season. This hotel over looks a beautiful large farm and about 500 acres of land....BEAUTIFUL. I would definitely stay there again....And by the way breakfast was super excellent, with waffels, cereals, donuts, fruits, coffee, tea, and a nice breakfast room. And their prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: Third Floor Room Facing Farm.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard N
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Milford, DE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife and I decided to go to Lancaster after we finished attending a wedding about 30 miles away. We decided at the spur of the moment to stay over night. We walked in the Hotel - brand new! The clerk said there were no standard rooms available and gave us a very nice upgraded room at a great rate. She was VERY helpful.

As we went to go eat our experience sarted - we got stuck in the hotel elevator. We waited for several minutes pushing any button to get moving - nothing. We then reluctantly rang the alarm bell, and again, and again after a couple of minutes - nothing! I then hit the emergency call button, heard it pick-up and then it hung up! As a former Deputy Fire Chief, I was shocked! I had my cell phone and was about to dial 911 went the elevator moved. The door openned and we ran out. We took the steps down to the desk (12' away from the elevator and alarm bell) and told told her about the problem. She apologized immediately called the repair people.

We then left and shopped and decided to eat at our favorite restaurant (Good n Plenty). After that we returned to the hotel and I was still concerned that the emergency call phone didn't work. I returned to the desk and two clerks were there. I expressed my concerns - the clerk said there were constant issues with the elevator and when the phone went off again they just picked it up and put it down. WHAT! When I returned home, I wrote a complaint to the owner/manager and they responded appropriately, addressing all my issues. I am satisfied with the way he handled the safety complaint. I was also given a 20% discount on a future stay (not the 100% guarantee advertised) not that I asked for it - My concern was safety!

The room was very clean and comfortable and had a fridge and microwave unit, two chairs, a small couch and desk. The breakfast area in the morning was better than expected; a great variety of items and my favorite - waffle station. Other than the elevator issue we had a great time. I would have no problem returning to this hotel - and maybe just take the steps.

Stop by the information center and get the Lancaster Guide for great coupons and discounts!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mac4216
Scranton PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We traveled here with my dog and had a pleasant time. No problems at the hotel. It was nice they didnt charge a pet fee. The pool was warm, and hot tub hot! Great breakfast, friendly staff.Overall a pleasant experience! Will return.

Room Tip: We stayed right near the pool, which was convenient.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Krista420
Wilkes-Barre PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel. We previously stayed over Columbus Day weekend when the hotel had only been open for three weeks. We had a not so good expierience. However, they have worked out all the grand opening mishaps. I didn't hear any other guests complaining this time and our room was ready on time too this time around. I picked to stay again due to the fact that it has a great location. It's right off of Route 30 next to the end of outlet row. It has nice farm views too. It's an easy drive down the road to Intercourse and Bird n Hand. You can't beat the low price for a new, clean hotel. We will definately stay again for another holiday weekend. The only negatives is that the walls are a little thin and the wait at the continental breakfast can be long when the hotel is full. The pool water was a little cool for our taste, bur the kids seemed fine. The pool is small compared to other hotel chains.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rosethesciteachmom
millvlle nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

i book this hotel based on the reviews that i read. i was not disappointed at all.The room was
very nice and the hotel it self was very clean. The breakfast was very nice. My one complaint would be that the pool was too cold on both of the days the that we stayed. My children could only stay in the pool for about 15 mins. I spoke to the front desk about it but it still was cold both of the days we were there. I wish the would have fixed it i was not the only one that complained about it. I would stay here again but i would not use the pool.Also a small mold problem in our bathroom.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tyanne a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronks
0.3 km away
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 38 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,813 reviews
10.5 km away
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
2.0 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
4.2 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
1.3 km away
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#12 of 38 in Lancaster
0.6 km away
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK