Holiday Inn Express Reading
US$ 70
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$ 147
All reviewsreading airportregional airportsmall airportquiet hotelfront desknear airportwould stay here againa lot of noiseair museumcomfortable roombathroom doorstaff was very friendlytwo nightsindoor poolyogurtparking lothies
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Nice small hotel, near Reading Airport. Travel with friends and children for sporting event. The rooms were nice, comfy bed, CLEAN BATHROOMS! Did my usual mattress check when I arrived, everything looked good. Free Parking! Small fridge and microwave that we did not have any extra charge. Hyatt, Sheraton, Hilton charge for fridges and parking. Hotel staff was nice, had easy to follow directions to our event. Free breakfast daily was fine, coffee, tea, hot choc, milk juice..fruit, bagels, eggs, serve yourself, but it was nice to grab a coffe/tea and head out the door. Maid was good, extra towels were available as requested. Would stay there again for sporting event.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Me and my husband stayed here for our religious convention that is held in reading every year, and they have always accomdated us so nicely! this hotel has been very reliable on being clean, helpful, and a nice breakfast :) it suits us perfectly while we are in town for only three days, two nights. Not fancy but for being an "express" you will be pleasantly surprised! will always try to book this one first!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Lets start by saying this was a great hotel that everyone should stay at. It is in a quiet part of town and not in the bad part of Reading. I got greeted with a smile, which was needed after a long day of traveling. I got a free bottle of water and a gift bag of snacks. Monday-Wednesday they had a manager's reception where each person gets two free drinks (wine/beer) and snacks. What a great treat.
The rooms were clean and I didn't have any noise problems with other guests. The breakfast was delicious and the area was kept clean. I wish I didn't have to leave because it was such a great hotel with amazing amenities.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We have stayed here for many years and always found the staff and manager very nice and helpful. However, we stayed here recently and found out it now has a new manager and staff. The staff were unfriendly and gave me conflicking stories about things. As there are many newer hotels in the Reading area, we will stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I made reservation to this hotel for my husband and son who was just coming home from Iraq. I called the 1-877 number in the afternoon and and the same day when my husband and son arrived they were told the reservation was cancelled and the front desk person did nothing but point fingers to Holidex and claiming they cancelled the reservation not the hotel itself. There it was my husband and my 11 yr old son on the street 1am in the morning and not knowing where to go. Come to find out after I called Holidex back that it shows in their computer that the hotel cancelled the reservation, even shows the time when and who..and as I was told it is even more than possible that the same front desk personel ( who refused to give me his name..but of course I found out his name anyways because unprofessionaly he did not even wear his name tag!!!)who said he did not do it..was the one who cancelled it and did not even bother to call us to let us know..Very dissapointed. Terrible business and because of this hotel I will make sure me and my family and my friends will NEVER stay and do business with this hotel. Too BAD!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family