Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Beautiful View. Nice History

This is worth the drive up the mountain. Beautiful view and great history displayed in the pagoda... read more

Reviewed yesterday
kmbracy
Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Pennsylvania
Very relaxing

My husband and I drove up to the Pagoda knowing it would not be open that day. But the weather was... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
ReggieDowningtown
Downingtown
via mobile

All reviews great view gift shop skyline drive fire tower climb the stairs entire city interesting history historical landmark reading pa worth the trip hot dogs reading area one of a kind penn structure donation mt
Reviewed 26 August 2018

This place has special meaning to me since I visited it over 60 years ago with my parents and brother.
To see it perfectly preserved now was wonderful.
Volunteers take care of and oversee it for all to enjoy.
Check it out, I believe you will like it.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Unusual attraction. Old building on top of the mountains. Nice view of the city. A little run down but worth the drive.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I love driving up the hill to get to this uniquely placed structure! Like something out of Japan, the Pagoda in Reading seems out of place but had become iconic to the area! Very neat place for the whole family to see and snap some photos! Check it out at night to see it all lit up!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Went to thecpagoda at nite and yes indeed, it was nice. Contemplating the city from the above was gine. With the tespect, i do not understand the meaning. I will make a tribute to the native americans onstead. Anyway, the ofgice was always closed and beside the view i did not get the essence.5 stars overall.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Many times while driving THROUGH Reading, Pa, I observed a strange building high atop a tree lined mountain overlooking the city.
Finally I took the opportunity to quell my curiosity to take the 15 minutes drive up to the top of Mount Penn and see for myself. The approach road is a winding adventure in itself and very picturesque.There is free parking at the Pagoda, and the building itself is Stunning.
The Pagoda rises 7 stories above the base and is 620 feet above the city, which lends to magnificent views of everything below.
The interior has many old time photos and memorabilia of the Pagoda detailing its history. Admission to the gift shop and cafe at the base is free but there is a nominal 1 dollar donation to walk to the bell tower at the top.
Group can pre-book a private tour.
Check with the Pagoda website for days they are open<>usually Thursday through Sunday.
Well worth your time. We actually spent an hour there

1  Thank John L