Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
US$ 70
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$ 105
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstexas roadhousefull kitchenhome away from homeliving roomoutdoor poolparking lotcomplimentary breakfastbeer and winegas fireplacesitting areafree weightsgreat place to staylocation is greatstores and restaurantsfamily reunionbusiness or pleasureoff the highway
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Excellent mid range hotel in the Reading area. Very comfortable rooms with great beds, a full kitchen, living room, and HDTV's with proper HD channels. This is actually quite cool. I often notice that hotels inexplicably pair amazing high end flat screens with regular def channels. What a shame!

Aside from the great accommodations, the staff is super helpful. They really went out of their way to ensure I had a good stay and resolved a billing error within moments.

As for the facilities, I really didn't check out the fitness room or other amenities, but their Wifi is quite good. Connected with no problem and the service was free for the entire stay. Oh yeah, they have ridiculous bar specials n the lounge. On the night I stayed there, they had 10 cent beer night! According to the manager, this place is known as the hottest happy hour in Reading. Woo hoo. Another perk, the property is very close to shopping and restaurants on Papermill Road, so you have that convenience as well.

I highly recommend this place. If you are seeing a show at the Sovereign Center, this is a top choice for your accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank purewaves
ijoann, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us and happy that it was enjoyable Please come and stay with us again

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed from 3/25 to 3/26 for the Berks Jazz fest. It is centrally located and ~ 3mi. straight down Papermill Rd. from the venue where the shows I went to were. The hotel and the grounds were acceptable however the breakfast was one of the worse I've ever had at a Hilton brands hotel. Most of it was inedible to me. There was some egg mixed batch of something and sausages that looked like something from the Texas chainsaw massacre. I think this was done intentionally because the hotel was full due to the jazz fest. Think they just wanted most people to skip it and they were successful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KingCole56
JSieck, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you had a bad experience and did not enjoy our breakfast. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed one night at Homewood Suites with two young children and would have been happy to stay several more. Everything surpassed our expectations. We arrived around dinner time, hungry, tired and cranky after a four-hour car ride. The lobby was welcoming - modern, pristine yet homey with marble floors, two large sofas and a fireplace facing the front entrance. The staff was great, check-in very prompt and we had food delivered from the restaurant across the parking lot right away. Our room, a two-bedroom suite, was enormous and very clean, even pronounced "elegant" by one of our kids. We all had a great sleep in the comfy beds and a very satisfying breakfast the next morning. We don't have much occasion to go to Reading, but for those who do, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This Hotel was clean, friendly and reliable. It is great to have a kitchen and even BETTER knowing what to expect from a brand when you are staying for a long period of time. Great staff, nice lobby and very clean!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2011

What a nice hotel. From the moment I walked in I was greeted by an extremely friendly and efficient front desk staff.

The lobby area is extremely welcoming and nicely decorated complete with fireplace and large sitting area where some people were having wine and eating dinner.

The suite I stayed in exceeded my expectations. The room was tastefully decorated with very nice furnishings, the kitchen area had hardwood floors (the kitchen area had a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, sink), both the bedroom and living room had flat screen tvs, and the bathroom was large with a separate dressing area.

I thought another nice touch was that in the evening coffee and tea was still offered in the lobby with condiments such as honey, lemon juice, many different flavors of creamers, etc. Hey, it's the little things!

Also, conveniently located right beside the hotel is a Texas Roadhouse restaurant. I walked over for dinner. Very friendly staff.

My only concern was the vague road noise that was always in the backroad since the hotel is right off the highway. I would ask for a room that is as far away from the highway as possible.

Besides that, this is hands down the best Homewood Suites I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the highway as possible..... otherwise there is road noise
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business