“Gastronomic Glory!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I am always in awe of Chef Michael Falcone's talent in the kitchen! Never since the restaurant opened have we ever been disappointed. Buttery escargot that melts in your mouth coupled with divine bacon and potatoes in an adorable crock. My choice of Braised duck with a delectable waffle was extraordinary. Savory and sweet combinations seem to be Michael's forte along with the unexpected and unique, balanced with farm fresh meats, produce and insanely delectable concoctions of sauces, purees, and seasonal fare. If you are lucky enough to visit while a braised short rib is on the menu, you must try it. Fork tender, the knife is provided to help push the beef onto your fork, or maybe it's just for show, b/c you won't need it to cut the meat! Desserts are always something to save a little room for or to take home for a special treat the next day. We often eat way too much to have room. My latest favorite, Peanut butter ricotta layered with fresh fruit (this time it was Blackberries). Can you say HEAVEN? I can, I thought for sure that's where I had ended up when I drove onto King Street and landed in FLK! This is a MUST taste it to believe it. Don't be shy, try the wildest thing on the menu, you won't ever be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2013
2  Thank Disgirlgoes

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Having grown up in the area but moved to San Diego years ago, we still have the opportunity to return and visit. There are not many great restaurants in the area, but Funky Lil kitchen certainly is a gem. The menu is small but all the dishes are fantastic. This restaurant could easily be in Philly and compete with the big boys. To have a place so close is certainly awesome. If you are a Foodie you won't be disappointed. BYOB, some good company, relax and enjoy. We will be back on our next trip in.

Date of visit: July 2013
2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came on a weeknight and were completely satisfied with our experience. The decore is very relaxed and metropolitan despite being in Pottstown. The food was excellent, wasn't sure what to expect because of the ever changing small menu, and prepared great. I have to admit my sweet tooth made dessert (pot de cremé) the best course, but it was hard to choose.

Overall meal was great.

Date of visit: May 2013
2  Thank Meatzy
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We've been here several times, the food is always spectacular. Yes, it has a small menu. But how many choices do you really need? Do you appreciate fresh ingredients? Do you like trying new food pairings? Are you thrilled it's in your own backyard? Then don't miss it.

Date of visit: September 2012
3  Thank Winefolks
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Lovely meals, lovely setting, lovely service staff. What more could a restaurant provide??? Such a fun place to visit in Pottstown.

Date of visit: March 2012