“Nice for a quick getaway”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We were looking for a quick getaway for some skiing and relaxation. The Inn at Pocono Manor provided us with great accommodations for a very reasonable price which was only a 1.5-hr drive from home. The location was great. The weather was warm for a typical ski weekend, so we spent Saturday having a nice lunch at the Lamplighter which was very pleasant. The food was fantastic and the bartender very accommodating. After that we headed to Mt Airy Casino for some fun which was about a 5-minute drive from the Inn followed by a relaxing swim in the indoor pool. For dinner options, we were provided with a lengthy list of recommendations from the front desk....we headed to Bailey's Steakhouse and had a wonderful dinner. After checkout on Sunday, we spent the day on the slopes (Sunday at Camelback Mountain Resort (within 10 minutes from the hotel). The conditions were terrific and the mountain not too crowded.
All hotel staff we came across were very friendly and accommodating. I look forward to visiting the Inn again in the warmer weather to try out their golf course, outdoor pool, horseback riding, and the various hikes that surround the complex.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KathyM089
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thank you for visiting with us and sharing your experience. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return to enjoy our many summer activities.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Had an awesome time with great friends! We planned an escape and chose the Pocono Manor. We were not disappointed! I was there a few years ago and you can really tell they have spent money updating the entire facility. The lobby is inviting with comfortable furniture and friendly staff. I loved the fireplace in the lobby, wonderful atmosphere. Our rooms were very clean, temperate with all the amenities you would find at a 5 star facility. The beds are amazing! So comfortable I made them tell me what type they are so I can convince my husband to get one at home. I slept in until 10:30-11am each day. We did a little shopping and sightseeing but mainly stayed at the Resort and enjoyed each others company in a relaxing atmosphere. We happened to run into the General Manager of the Resort who was very friendly and personable. She wanted to make sure our stay was up to our expectations which of course it was and much more. Our next trip will DEFINITELY be here! Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

1  Thank DiannBronx

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your girls getaway weekend. Please do visit again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Several girlfriends and I just spent a wonderful weekend at The Inn at Pocono Manor. The building has a wonderful history, but oh my it is so modern, and you will love it there. The staff, including the general manager, were friendly, courteous and helpful. The sleeping rooms are decorated beautifully, and it makes you feel right at home. Conveniently located made it easy to find lots of places to shop, and we even were able to visit the casino, not too far away. Definitely a great place to stay and we will return.

Room Tip: Suites are large, ask for a room with a mountain view.
4  Thank splashes52970

Thank you for staying with us at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I am very happy that you enjoyed all of the improvements made with our $5 million renovation. Please do come and see us again.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This weekend some gals and I headed to the Inn at Pocono Manor for a girls retreat. Encase you are thinking about staying at the Inn I wanted to take a minute to highlight a couple of things that are important to me when checking out a place. Staff, Cleanliness and the beds! The staff was friendly, helpful, you can tell they truly cared about the facility and their guests. One gentleman was actually on his hands and knees cleaning the bottoms of the tables in the bar area. The couple of times we did venture off property we noticed one gal picking up trash while fixing the carpet just inside the door. (Poor gal, she most of had weekend duty, she was there the entire time) It was a nice surprise to see that the rooms were renovated. The beds were amazing!! I personally did not get up before 11am each day. The gals and I did a little shopping but mostly just stayed at the hotel to recharge our batteries and reconnect with each other. The Inn was so peaceful and provided the relaxing atmosphere we were looking for, it honestly was just a perfect weekend. If you are thinking about where to go while in the Pocono's I strongly encourage the Inn at Pocono Manor! I travel all the time with my job. USA - Germany... I have been to places where you just assume you are going to get all of the above and then sadly mistaken. People are so quick to complain, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. Nice job Inn at Pocono Manor!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the two hundred floor; it was great for loading in and loading out.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am very happy to know you enjoyed the Resort and that you found the staff accommodating. I do hope that you and your friends will return again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed for a two night stay during a brief weekend skiing trip to the Poconos. The resort is a little off the beaten path, but the drive is scenic and worth the extra few miles. The resort was absolutely a ghost town on Thursday, as it seems it mainly caters to the weekend ski crowds (who absolutely swarmed the hotel on Friday). This led to some of the amenities/facilities being unavailable due to the limited number of guests (for example, the Lounge was not open).

The rooms in the main building were charming, with a mansion/B&B type flair. The sizes were average for a hotel room (300-400SF), with modern amenities like digital thermostats and flat-screen TV's. Make no mistake, this place is NOT new (it is recognized on the National Registry Of Historic Places) but it has been successfully updated to keep it fresh while maintaining its original charm. The beds were very comfortable, along the lines of a Hilton or Hyatt quality.

The resort has its own restaurant, which was good but it is on the upscale side. If you are looking for more family-type options, Mount Pocono is less than 10 mins away with several options for dining (Perkins, fast-food, etc). Many of the amenities listed (horse stables, ice-skating, etc) were not within reasonable walking distance, but a shuttle is available. There are hiking trails and what looked like a challenging golf course. In addition, some of the amenities (ice skating, snowmobiling, dog-sledding, etc) are dependent on whether there is snow/ice on the natural landscape, so they were not available to us since they have had unseasonably warmer temperatures recently. The Laurel Spa is right across the main parking lot from the resort, and the indoor pool appeared clean, although we never used either one.

The staff was friendly and attentive. There was a single (but new) computer for guest use with internet and a printer, and Wi-FI is free throughout the hotel.

A great deal for a weekend rate of slightly over 100/night. A real value in the area, particularly for the weekends.

IMPORTANT TIP: If using GPS or online mapping to find the hotel, the route using Swiftwater Ave off of PA 314 looks like a private drive. You must access the resort from Manor Drive or Fairview Ave off of PA 314.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you staying with us while visiting the Pocono's! I am glad you enjoyed skiing nearby and dining with us. I do hope you will return again soon so that you may enjoy some of other amenities (Spa, Golf & Swimming to name a few). We look forward to welcoming your return to The Inn at Pocono Manor!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
37.3 km away
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK