All reviews the club lounge gateway clipper across the river river view monongahela incline train tracks lobby bar heinz field bars and restaurants hotel shuttle hotel is in a great location per day steelers game indoor pool the shuttle driver pnc park trackside
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The first thing I noticed about this Sheraton is their odd parking lot but the room made up for that! The room was clean and smelled nice. The food service was quick and delicious. The beds were extremely cozy! And mosy importantly the bathroom was amazing! I would definitely recommend it and would go again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Payed close to 400 dollars for one night no free breakfast plus had to pay 23 dollars for parking that is taking advantage of people also how greedy are these fancy motels getting I definitely will not stay there anymore and will telling everyone I know also

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Chelsea F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Good Evening Gerald.Martinelli,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your recent stay was less than expected. Being a full service hotel, yes the amenities are individual and we certainly understand being on a budget that makes things difficult.

Please know in the future that there are packages available that do include breakfast and parking built right into the rate. Please be sure to check with reservations in the future for the best deals possible.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We stayed here for a Navy Reunion. The hotel was centrally located for our activities.

We had our banquet in the restaurant. Every one who had the salmon enjoyed it. My husband and I both had the chicken and it was dry and tasteless and cold. The roasted veggies were good. The cheesecake was good. The service for the meal was adequate. The server had to get the bar waitress to take a drink order. The drink order was incorrect and husband had to send it back. The bar waitress never checked with any one else if they wanted a drink other than the water.

We arrived early and our room was not ready. The front desk person took my phone number, saying they would call when it was ready. We hung around the lobby as many of our group was arriving by then. I never received a phone call and had to go to the desk to ask after an hour. This is a small thing I know, but it was annoying.

Our room was adequate. We enjoyed the view of the river and the fountains. The safe was useless to us as it was too high on the shelf to be utilized. We were 2 adults staying for 4 days and there was very limited room to put clothing away. One large drawer and 2 small ones is not enough. Husband used the drawers and I had to leave my clothing in my suitcase on the floor. Our room was made up promptly on the first 2 mornings, then not at all on the 3rd. We did not receive an extra bar of soap on the 2nd day so had to ask at the desk for one so we would have enough for the rest of our stay. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The heating system was very loud and would wake us when it cycled on. It was also hard to regulate the temperature in the room between the heating unit and the thermostat. It was very handy to have the outlets built into the nightstand sides.

The lobby is large and inviting. We did utilize it to gather before activities. I did utilize the shuttle service to go to the Warhol museum.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Chelsea F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton during your Navy Reunion event. Guest feedback is very important to us as it is the true measure to know how we are doing as a hotel.

Your feedback will be shared with the executive management team in order to assist in improving our overall quality. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did and will be sure that this information will be used for training purposes in order to continue to grow.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

A one word summary: bad. I made a reservation at this hotel in April for a September stay, so approximately 5.5 months in advance. When I booked the reservation I had paid for a river view room. Upon check in I was told there was no river view rooms available. Okay. That kinda sucks. I mean it's what I paid for but whatever, I'll bite the bullet. Now, the room itself. Other reviews state that the rooms are in dire need of an upgrade/update. I completely agree. The rooms just appear run down. The furnishings of the room have chips and scrapes scattered about them. The walls are paper thin. So thin that I could hear somebody in the next room over use the toliet. The air conditioner is one of the loudest AC units I have ever experienced. I'm not exaggerating. If you ever fall upon bad luck and stay here you'll know what I'm talking about. And then the bathroom, the bathroom is absolutely horrible. The shower has black "substance" stuck in the grout. The shower floor has mildew on it. The bathroom fan has years of dust in it. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel. Don't make the same mistake I did. There are much nicer hotels in Pittsburgh for the same price.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chelsea F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Trevor M,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. I am sorry that I was unable to connect with you during your time with us in order to improve the overall quality of your stay.

Guest feedback is extremely important to us as it is the true measure to understand how we are doing as a company. It is clear that we missed our mark during your stay.

Please reach out to me directly to resolve this matter and to hopefully return your loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

First, the positives. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and I slept very well. The hotel has great views of downtown Pittsburgh. Our room was very large for a hotel this close to downtown. The towels were new and soft. And while this rating is for the hotel stay only, it is worth noting that their ballroom facilities are very nice.

The hotel rooms though could use some cleaning and updating. Our room looked dark and dated, the furniture was quite beat up, the bed skirt was badly stained, the fire sprinkler was rusting, and the hotel information binder on the desk was dusty. One of the lamp shades was very crooked, something completely inconsequential but indicative of the amount of care put into maintaining the room. I also found it perplexing that there was no towel bar in the bathroom, only a single peg on the back of the bathroom door to hang a towel. Was I supposed to leave the hand towel lying on the counter to dry?

All of these complaints are at worst minor inconveniences. The hotel is not perfect, but at the end of the day I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends