All reviews front desk outdoor pool nice hotel recently stayed at this hotel the holiday inn short drive baseball game would stay again shuttle service comfortable rooms workout room up to date hotel restaurant the room was nice free parking fitness center heinz field
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I never write bad reviews, unless I feel strongly about it. We have stayed at this hotel several times and for the most part we have been happy with it overall. This last visit has changed my opinion forever. We get there and our shower was clogged! We had dinner plans and had to get housekeeping to come up after only 10 minutes after just getting there. We called down to the front desk twice and no answer, so I had to walk down to tell the front desk myself. So after maintenance cleared the nastiest in the drain, we were able to all shower, but late for dinner. We could have just gone to another room, there were plenty available.

The major reason though I am writing this bad review is for my son. My 5 year old son left his back pack in the room and after SEVERAL voicemail messages to head of housekeeping and the manager himself, nothing. I mean not even a phone call back! So not only has no one called me back from this place EVER, the horrible email customer service (IHG guest relations) hasn't helped me to retrieve it. What if there was something he needed in there!? I do not live in Pittsburgh anymore, so I can not just go there. I feel this is a horrible way to treat a customer. We are DONE with this place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Abby B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for your recent stay, and would like to take this moment to apologize for the experience that you had with us. We try to make all our guest rooms guest ready and have failed to do so with your room to which we are extremely sorry. As to your lost bag I will review this with our housekeeping manager and we will get back in touch with you. We will review this with the rest of the team as a teaching tool in order to improve our service for our future guests. If you have any plans on coming back to the Pittsburgh area, please let me know so that I might have another chance to show you that are hotel is truly excellent.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for Steeler game, close to the Stadium, and the Ferry. Room was beautiful, service was excellent, nice bar and restaurant on site. The way Hotels used to be. Clean,comfortable, quiet. We'll be back for sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Harold C
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so happy that you had such a great stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

A great hotel for a great price, have stayed before. Beds are very comfortable and clean. During this stay, our room had ants that I believe came from another guest bringing them into the hotel. The front desks only response was "Thanks for telling us." A little disappointed with the reaction and lack of action.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Abby B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I would like to take the time now to apologize for the ants that were in your room. We hope in the future you will stay with us once again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

overall, a nice hotel for the price we paid. The rooms were clean with nice amenities like a Keurig coffee maker in the room. The staff was very helpful and provided a shuttle to the game for free( saving us about $25 to park).

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank John B
Abby B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We appreciate all guests and hope the next time you are here for a game you will stay with us once again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Located at a 40 plus years Holiday Inn site,the Crowne Plaza offers a vast improvement in room comfort from the past. The rooms are large, nicely decorated, and had quality amenities. However, the location is still boring and can be difficult to locate. The onsite lounge was very nice but empty each night I was there. There is nothing in the immediate area that is within reasonable walking distance, I would suggest taking a short Uber ride to downtown Pittsburgh. The property is situated on a hill that is difficult to find from the Parkway interchange. Look for Holiday Drive (from the Holiday Inn days) to lead you up to the hotel. Yes, it is clean and comfortable but I yawn had the thought of staying there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Abby B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.