“Average, but improving.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Ranked #59 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel was situated perfectly, as I was attending a wedding at Fox Chapel CC. I booked online and had no trouble checking in. Visually, it's not much to look at from the outside, but the lobby has had a major facelift. I had a King room, which was unfortunately located at the nearest END of the hallway. This is an old hotel, that has hallways separated by old, heavy, metal doors. So every time someone entered the hallway (from about 6am onwards) I heard it. A rough start to the day after a wedding. The room was decorated beautifully, for it IS only a Comfort Inn. It's on-par with rooms that should fetch a few more dollars. Huge refrigerator, capable of holding plenty of food and drink, if needed. Also, a microwave! Amazing!

There's a shop next to the front desk which sells snacks and drinks, which said CLOSED at 11pm, BUT I was pleasantly surprised to find the front desk staff allow me to buy snacks at around 1am. Haven't had bagel bites since college, but they sure tasted good on that night.

They do have a shuttle that can take you around the area until 8pm, if arranged ahead of time. This got me to the wedding in time, and they called a cab for my collection later on that evening. All in all, worthwhile for the money.

Ohh yeah, and they do have a nice indoor pool! Went for an AM swim before checking out! Water temp was perfect, and I had it all to myself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from the connecting doors! They're heavy and loud. Also, maybe ask for a r...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank wandererer151

Reviewed 5 September 2011

I traveled to Pittsburgh for a funeral. Even though there were some critical reviews for this hotel I decided to try it for convenience sake. I was pleasantly suprised. There has been a great deal of renovation. My room was very nice except for the kids in the pool until 11 P.M. Breakfast was better than many simular places. Also it was convenient to East Pittsburgh.
Also, kudos to the staff. After a four hour trip on the turnpike I was grumpy. They put up with that in a professional manner.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed here twice in August and had stayed previously when it was a Holiday Inn. TThe renovated rooms were better but there is still an issue with the rooms being damp. I mean very damp as in I printed out a boarding pass in the morning, put it on the desk and by the afternoon, it was as if someone spilled water on it. I can't quite figure it out (I stayed on both the first and second floor). Renovations were being done while we were there but that did not bother us. Staff was VERY nice and helpful. Breakfast was OK--not great. There is very little around this hotel. You either need to go one exit to Fox Chapel or one exit to Harmarville to find several restaurants and stores. Pool is quite big, fairly clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We saw some renovations still happening, but nothing disruptive. All the service people and maintenence people were very friendly. The kids loved the pool with the glass enclosure. The room was very nice with new furnishings - beds and pillows very comfortable.
My only complaint was that the drapes didn't close all the way so the lights from outside streamed into the room all night and also with no exhaust fan, all of our wet towels and bathing suits caused a bit of dampness in the air in the room.
There is a restaurant right up the road that has lots of choices. Right off the road. I recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

In spite of this hotel's current transitioning from a Holiday Inn to being a Comfort Inn, our room was great...large, attractive, clean, very comfortable king bed, updated bathroom...I can't think of one thing wrong wtih the room. The lobby and breakfast area was great, too, new and fresh and good food. Our hallway had not been renovated but it was clean. I agree with another reviewer that said it was a little difficult finding your way around. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Pittsburgh hotels
Comfort Inn
#39 of 74 in Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites
#20 of 74 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley

Address: 180 Gamma Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15238-2931 (Formerly Holiday Inn Pittsburgh - Allegheny Valley / RIDC Park)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #59 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Price Range: ₹ 5,768 - ₹ 9,462 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley Hotel Pittsburgh