All reviews pnc park heinz field pirates game across the street great location hot cinnamon rolls nice breakfast included north shore within a mile radius the roberto clemente bridge highway side minute walk room was clean my family and i stayed here close walk took advantage of the free nice view of the city
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Weekend in Pittsburgh with my husband and 4 year old granddaughter. Chose the holiday inn north side as it seemed centrally located to lots of sights. The check in process was easy, our room wasn’t ready but they said they’d call when it was, and they did. The room was a double queen suite, it was roomy, the beds were comfortable and it was clean and quiet. The pool was small but perfect for a 4 year old. The parking lot was right next to the hotel and cost $23.00 for the weekend and is reasonable for parking in the city center. The breakfast is included and was very good. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
NataliaC5413, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We chose this hotel for the location across from PNC Park. The check-in experience was possibly the worst I have ever experienced. When we arrived the line for check in was out the door to the sidewalk. One person was working the check in desk and the lobby was full of people who were told the rooms weren't ready yet. This was a full hour after the 3:00 check in time. I was told I would be called when our room was ready and would not be given a key until then, though the parking lot requires a key to access. The only reason we were able to park and unload was a passing guest opened the gate for us. Coffee in the lobby was cold, both at night and at breakfast. I was very disappointed in our experience, particularly at the price charged for these very average rooms, and will be trying a different hotel next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Be aware the highway is right beside the building on one side.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback! I apologize for the inconveniences faced during your stay. We will work very hard to fix the issues. We do hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Excellent location as they shuttle within 3 miles. Natalia, Leah, Ravin are SIMPLY THE BEST!!! Actually, everyone at the front desk was GREAT! Shuttle drivers Reggie, Tay and Beautiful lady w Red hair, met every need for destination arrival and pickup! House keeping has an asset with Anita and her crew. Room was very clean and linens/towels were SPOT FREE!!! Love that you are able to walk to any food places that excite your tummy! Enjoyed so much, we are planning a return trip for Labor Day weekend! Unexpected Highlight? we were there for Picklesburg which was just down the street! They say there's a 1st for everything, and this was definitely one of those!

Room Tip: 8th or higher would be my preference
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I was disappointed by my stay. The hotel is near the PNC Ballpark, so the crowd at the hotel isn't what you'd expect when on a business trip.

The lobby and staff are pleasant, but for a relatively new property, the rooms are tired and warn, cleanliness not a core competency, and wifi is not stable enough if you need to rely on it for work. Additionally, cell service was very poor in my room.

My first morning, the towel had a brown stain that I noticed just as I put it near my face. Indicating the hotel needs to improve their attention to detail. The room had a big crack down the wall by the tv that looks like they hired a school kid to patch it up with toothpaste. The bed wasn't comfy and some of the bedside lights didn't work. The room was reminiscent of Ikea furniture - minimal, but functional. One window looked out to the hotel across the street.

There were guys hanging out down the hall with their door open and they had a party on a Thursday night. Parents were letting their kids run around the floor unattended and they were being disruptive. During two of the nights during my stay, there were night games in the ballpark across the street. Not sure if non-ballgame nights would have the same type of clientele, but it wasn't something I expected on a business trip. During the night, the location of my room seemed to invite people in the hall to move the door knob to my room - which was quite disruptive to my sleep.

I couldn't work (bad wifi, noise, poor cell service).

I didn't sleep well. In addition to the noisy patrons, the room has fire detectors that flash a bright LED light all night long. You can hear the neighboring highway.

Breakfast is ok if you want the fruit or prepackaged oatmeal, but other food wasn't exactly what I'd call edible.

As a cheap, family hotel this might be a good option. Unless your company won't pay for a more expensive option, you should stay elsewhere for business stays.

Room Tip: The shuttle was nice if you needed to go around town as the hotel isn't central.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback, I apologize for the inconveniences faced. We will work very hard to find solutions to these issues. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Thank you Robin and Leah for helping us out with our reservation when we had some serious car trouble! Your willingness to work with us is much appreciated. We enjoyed our stay and the game in Pittsburgh

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family