All reviewspirates gamepnc parkheinz fieldsoho restaurantacross the streetnorth shoregreat locationsmall kitchenetterivers casinosports fansthe shuttle driverclemente bridgebaseball stadiumchildren's museumfree breakfastsitting areaperfect place to stay
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel is right across the street from PNC park. Arrived early for a day game room not ready, let us park the car($27) held bags and off to the game. Very friendly staff! Clean property nice lobby. Free breakfast better than most for hotel breakfast’s. Pool area kept clean and pool temp was nice. Room bigger than expected set up really nice and functional. Hotel is right in the middle of some great bars and restaurant’s easy walking location. SOHO restaurant connected to hotel good food reasonably priced drinks. Have booked another trip to this hotel already.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
John C, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear David H
Thank you for the great review of the Springhill Suites North Shore! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at our location!
Our staff certainly strives to uphold our standards of a memorable experience and it seems as though we succeeded.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We booked months in advance because this location was walking distance from the sports complex and a game we planned on attending. When we arrived, the manager said they overbooked and needed to move us to another hotel. It was nowhere near the stadium, we missed most of the game with traffic and the replacement hotel was a dump in a bad neighborhood. No response from SpringHill or Marriott customer service. Avoid them at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear ERPConsultant
Please accept my deepest apologies on having to relocate you during your visit to Pittsburgh. It is always disheartening to have this happen as we want our guests to have a memorable experience at our hotel. But, we were unable to provide that to you and your family and again I am terribly sorry that we had to make that choice to relocate you.
Should you travels bring you back please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally, so that we can prepare your arrival to ensure a memorable stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My family stayed at Springhill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore for the second year in a row over Regatta weekend. Although I was not impressed after our stay last year, I booked two nights again hoping for a better experience. This property is located directly across from PNC Park and a short walk from Heinz Field. Our daughter lives nearby, and the hotel sits midway between her apartment and all the Regatta events. We are able to park our car and walk everywhere we need to be for the entire weekend, which is why we chose this hotel.

However, as we experienced last year, the rooms are tired, not very clean, and the beds are uncomfortable. The sofa bed is old, stained, and worn. There were numerous stains all over the carpeting and mattress foundation covers. The hallway had a "funky" smell, and the room itself had a stale odor. The sliding closet door was open when we arrived. When I tried to close it, I realized the track was bent, so the door was unable to close. The entry door to the room from the hall was difficult to open - from both inside and out. Several times, my husband had to let me out of the room, as I could not do so myself (safety concern).

Although the room is considered to be a suite, it is small. I do appreciate the fact that the sink sits outside the bathroom and offers decent lighting above the mirror. The bathroom was clean, but I noticed several mold spots on the shower curtain. There is a small refrigerator, microwave and "kitchen" sink in the living area of the suite.

I am a Marriott Rewards member and have noted in my profile a request for extra towels. The request was acknowledged on my reservation confirmation. There were three of us on the reservation, yet we were provided with two hand towels, three washcloths, and three bath towels. The purpose of my request is so that we can avoid having housekeeping services during a brief stay. Upon our arrival, I noticed immediately that of the two toilet tissue rolls in the bathroom, one was almost completely empty, and the other less than half full. There were no extra rolls provided in the room. On the second evening of our stay, as I was heading out, I stopped by the front desk and requested that extra washcloths and toilet tissue be taken to the room. The attendant took note of my room number and acknowledged my request. When I returned five hours later, the items had not been delivered. My daughter then went to the desk and brought the items up herself.

As we also noted last year, the breakfast area is much too small to accommodate the large number of guests this hotel holds. The small space seems very chaotic. We simply chose to get tea and coffee to take to our room and avoided the crowd altogether.

There is onsite parking at a rate of $27, which I find comparable to any other city hotel. I read other reviewers who complained that they were not advised of the charge, but the reservations clearly state the charge, and I was again advised upon check-in of the same.

I truly want to like this hotel. The location is perfect for our travel needs when visiting the North Shore, but as a frequent traveler, I cannot overlook the lack of quality of this property - especially considering the high price of staying here. Unfortunately, the next time we book a weekend on this side of Pittsburgh, we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear BabsB72
Please accept for deepest apologies for the lack of service you received during your stay.
I am disheartened to read that we did not follow through with your requests and that you had to ask repeatedly. This should not/ is not our standard. I will be looking further into this.
Please feel free to reach out to me personally should your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh, so that I may ensure you and your family a great stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived late at the hotel the day of our check in and had booked the hotel online. My sister was in an apartment less than a block away and had available free parking for a visiting car. When I checked in, no one told me there would be an over night parking fee so when I called to ask why my credit card was charged $27 more than I expected, I was told, “it’s printed on the parking pass you put in your window, they inform you upon check in, and it’s printed on our website.” When I mentioned to her that I was not informed by the front desk she told me that I was. I told her that I would have remembered if someone told me that because I could have parked for free one block away but didn’t because they never mentioned a parking fee. She said, “let me reiterated that it is printed on your parking ticket, they tell you at the front desk upon check in, and it is posted on the website.” Even when I signed my receipt before getting my room key, the bill I signed only listed the rate I got my room for. It didn’t give me a total cost until we checked out and it was charged to my card. We have family and friends in Pittsburgh and will not be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sarah B
Please accept my sincerest apology for the lack of miscommunication about the parking. Regardless of the price it does not constitute any one of our associates being rude as this is by far not our standard. I will be investigating this matter personally to ensure it does not happen again. It is very disheartening to read that our staff was not more accommodating.
Again, Sarah B, please accept my apology for these inconveniences.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We came to Pittsburgh to do some site seeing and attend a Pittsburgh Pirates game. The hotel was directly across the street from the stadium, which was super convenient. The staff was super friendly and so helpful when it came to finding things to do in the area. The hotel also has a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within a five mile radius. There was also a great breakfast every morning which really helps when you have four kids. When planning a trip to Pittsburgh, I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Coachpete34
Thank you for the great review of the Springhill Suites North Shore! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and that our staff was very friendly.
Also, thank you for the recommendation!