All reviewspirates gamepnc parkheinz fieldsoho restaurantacross the streetnorth shoregreat locationsmall kitchenetterivers casinosports fansthe shuttle driverclemente bridgechildren's museumbaseball stadiumfree breakfastsitting areafront desk staff
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This is a nice property and the service provided by the staff is top notch. The rooms are clean and modern. Thank you for a great visit. This hotel is in a central location good for business and recreation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Rebecca R
Thank you very much for the awesome review of the Springhill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore! You kind words are very refreshing and I will certainly share them with our team!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Everything was clean, the service is all nice, complimentary food was fine. Nothing to complain about, but nothing out of the ordinary either. I would come back if heading to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you, Manuel J for taking the time to review us at the Springhill Suites North Shore! We certainly value your feedback and reading your kind words is very refreshing. We truly hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Our family of five took two recent trips to Pittsburgh, and in looking for a room which could accommodate two adults and three children, the SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore was the cheapest non-sketchy option. We were simply delighted on the first trip and confirmed by the second trip that this is a perfect place for us.

The front-desk attendants were friendly and engaging. The double queen-bed room was perfect for our clan, with a queen for the parents, a queen for the sisters, and plenty of room in the sitting area for our munchkin's Pack 'n Play, even visually secluded from the rest of us to prevent him from being distracted and kept awake. The fridge was helpful for packing lunches. The bathroom was spacious. The wifi was free and quick. The location was easy to access and convenient to various venues like PNC Park, Heinz Field, and the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh. The breakfast was plentiful and scrumptious, meeting all of our finicky eating needs. The swimming pool was tiny (and rather claustrophobic with 8-10 rambunctious teenagers) but adequate for our tiny non-swimmers. And though the valet parking was expensive, the West General Robinson Street Garage was a 5-minute walk directly down the street and only cost $4 for overnight parking.

After our first visit, we were contemplating another hotel for the next visit, but the kids protested, and we returned to the SpringHill Suites. And we had another great stay. I've never had a "favorite hotel" before, but I'm quite certain that our family will be looking for this one whenever we come to Pittsburgh. As long as the rates stay so reasonable, I'll be delighted to bring our clan back.

Room Tip: light sleepers should request rooms as far away from the highway/railroad as possible
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear clo110
Thank you for taking the time to review us at your new favorite hotel, the Springhill Suites North Shore! It was such a delight to read all of your kind words about our property and pleasing to know that you found your new favorite place! We certainly hope to see you again in the future, so that we may continue to deliver a great experience for you and your family!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay except for the fact the pool looked dirty so we couldn't swim. And while packing our bags to leave we found bed bugs in our room on the mattress (822) we brought it to the attention of front desk staff only to be looked at with a blank stare. I now have to pay to get my luggage fumigated. Not worth my money in the end. A Refund instead of a stare would be nice.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Deanna R
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Deanna R
Please accept my sincerest apologies for what you experienced during your stay. This is by no means our standards and our team is trained to spot these. Unfortunately we fell short of this. I do wish to give you peace of mind to let you know this was an isolated incident. Please call us directly, so that we can discuss this more at you leisure.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

This hotel is right next to Pirates Stadium and walking distance to so much more. For everything else, they have a shuttle service.
The food at the attached restaurant was great.
I traveled with my baby for a business trip and stayed here. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. There was plenty of space for my little one and the nanny while I was away.
Every single staff member that I encountered truly provided impeccable customer service. I lost my list of names that I wanted to personally recognize. My baby developed a fever during the trip (from prior exposure), and everyone was extremely helpful and encouraging.
Because wonderful experience, I HAD to make sure that I gave positive feedback.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
John C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear amsirahc
Thank you for taking the time to review us at the Springhill Suites North Shore. It's very refreshing to read all of your kind words regarding your stay. I hope that your baby is feeling better now and we certainly hope that whenever your travels brings you back to Pittsburgh that you choose the Springhill Suites North Shore as your home away from home.