“Great service, good food, nice location”

Kiku Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #193 of 2,290 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We enjoyed excellent service for our dinner at Kiku, and the food was quite good, particularly the sashimi.

The shabu shabu came with only beef as the non-vegetarian ingredient, apart from the plentitude of vegetables. That was disappointing, as shabu shabu normally benefits a lot from multiple ingredients like prawns, pork, fish etc.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Place is dates, dirty tables and sushi are so-so. Places with 50% off sushi have bette quality food than this one. Definitely doe not deserver such high rating on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We have not been to Kiku for awhile . We are happy to return to find it is still the best and authentic japanses cusine in town We love the small appetizers , Marinated baby octopus , age dashi tifu, chwanmushi ( steamed egg) .The sushi was great too , toro , yellow tail , Spanish mackerel and scallop .Service is pleasant and efficient. Sushi chef always friendly and you can get a honest answer what is fresh ! Too full to get the the Sukiyaki tonight !

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We were staying at the Sheraton at Station Square so Kiku was a no brainer being next door. Our son was starting at Point Park and we all love good sushi so we were happy to check this place out. Reviews were good but not consistent. We were the only ones there at 5:00 PM on a Wednesday but the Sushi chef was patiently standing at station. I heard they made their own soy sauce so was interested in trying that along with whatever the chef recommended. He suggested the Tuna or Salmon so I asked for 6 pieces of Tuna, 2 for each of us. It was as good as I have had anywhere. The soy sauce was much tastier than the normal bottled offering. The chef then mentioned he had Toro. Sometimes that can be hit or miss, particularly given the cost. We each had 1 piece and that was a mistake. It was the best I've had. So we had to have more. The chef said the fish was sourced from Japan. Then we tried the Snapper and the Yellowtail. Both excellent. Some parties began rolling in as we finished. All I can say is I will be adding this place to my must do list when visiting the Burgh. I liked the space and the Mall wasn't that bad, at least at 5 o'clock. The chef was the real deal.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Really tasty sushi, especially the California and Shadyside rolls. The chicken Yakitori is phenomenal; the best I have ever had! The atmosphere is great and service is decent! I will return!