“Authentic Experience!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We were staying at the Sheraton at Station Square so Kiku was a no brainer being next door. Our son was starting at Point Park and we all love good sushi so we were happy to check this place out. Reviews were good but not consistent. We were the only ones there at 5:00 PM on a Wednesday but the Sushi chef was patiently standing at station. I heard they made their own soy sauce so was interested in trying that along with whatever the chef recommended. He suggested the Tuna or Salmon so I asked for 6 pieces of Tuna, 2 for each of us. It was as good as I have had anywhere. The soy sauce was much tastier than the normal bottled offering. The chef then mentioned he had Toro. Sometimes that can be hit or miss, particularly given the cost. We each had 1 piece and that was a mistake. It was the best I've had. So we had to have more. The chef said the fish was sourced from Japan. Then we tried the Snapper and the Yellowtail. Both excellent. Some parties began rolling in as we finished. All I can say is I will be adding this place to my must do list when visiting the Burgh. I liked the space and the Mall wasn't that bad, at least at 5 o'clock. The chef was the real deal.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Really tasty sushi, especially the California and Shadyside rolls. The chicken Yakitori is phenomenal; the best I have ever had! The atmosphere is great and service is decent! I will return!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Last August we fell upon the best Sushi Joint, Kiku. We so liked it that this year we brought 11 friends. We raved about the amount of food and variety. I even went up to the chef and retold the last experience and told him we brought many others to try Kiku. The portions were TINY! I don't mean small, I mean tiny!! I could literally count the number of ikura in the ikura sushi. The flavor was great but the volume was worse than unacceptable. So, ultimately $500 later we all went back to our hotel and had to have something to eat.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

A dark restaurant in an isolated corner of a deserted mall. We wanted someplace to eat after riding down the Monongahela Incline. Although dinner time, the only other diner was a guy at the sushi counter. I had shrimp dumplings and spicy tuna roll. Dumplings were pretty good, sushi lacked a fresh taste. Another in party had teriyaki beef, which he enjoyed, put portion seemed on small side. Service was good, prices not unreasonable. Wouldn't go out of my way to find it again.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Quaint sushi bar and restaurant. Not a lot of flash or dash. No hibachi tricks. Quick service. Fresh food. Decent selection of beer and sake. I would certainly go back.