“Excellent Food!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Really tasty sushi, especially the California and Shadyside rolls. The chicken Yakitori is phenomenal; the best I have ever had! The atmosphere is great and service is decent! I will return!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Last August we fell upon the best Sushi Joint, Kiku. We so liked it that this year we brought 11 friends. We raved about the amount of food and variety. I even went up to the chef and retold the last experience and told him we brought many others to try Kiku. The portions were TINY! I don't mean small, I mean tiny!! I could literally count the number of ikura in the ikura sushi. The flavor was great but the volume was worse than unacceptable. So, ultimately $500 later we all went back to our hotel and had to have something to eat.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

A dark restaurant in an isolated corner of a deserted mall. We wanted someplace to eat after riding down the Monongahela Incline. Although dinner time, the only other diner was a guy at the sushi counter. I had shrimp dumplings and spicy tuna roll. Dumplings were pretty good, sushi lacked a fresh taste. Another in party had teriyaki beef, which he enjoyed, put portion seemed on small side. Service was good, prices not unreasonable. Wouldn't go out of my way to find it again.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Quaint sushi bar and restaurant. Not a lot of flash or dash. No hibachi tricks. Quick service. Fresh food. Decent selection of beer and sake. I would certainly go back.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My experience differs a LOT from other I read on here. First, the décor and atmosphere is so drab that my wife and I literally turned away at the door and walked around looking for other options. We ultimately didn't find anything that appealed to us more and since we were really in the mood for sushi, we went back. My main disappointment was that all the sushi rolls were entirely plain and unimaginative. They had the same stuff you see on menus everywhere (spicy tuna roll, rainbow roll, etc) but they didn't have a single specialty roll. The presentation is very bland. Just the sushi rolls with no art in the presentation. I can't complain about the quality. It was fine. Just know that you'll be getting the very, very basics and nothing more. No ambiance. No nice décor like so many of the sushi places have. No beauty in presentation. Prices are too high for what you get IMO. They should be about 20% lower for this basic stuff. The whole experience of walking around in a mostly empty mall doesn't do much for me either.