“Great for an event!”
Review of Grand Concourse

Grand Concourse
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Concourse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 80
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Carson Street
Description: Housed in the beautifully preserved Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroad Station, the Grand Concourse restaurant at Station Square is a true testament of grandeur and elegant dining. With a cathedral stained-glass vaulted ceiling, marble columns, and a dramatic staircase, guests are quickly transported to the glamorous side of the Progressive Era with the luxury of a modern day menu. Our award-winning seafood restaurant boasts a fine selection of our signature seafood dinner specials, tender steaks, poultry, and on Sundays, the best brunch in Pittsburgh. Nestled comfortably on the riverfront and overlooking the downtown skyline, Grand Concourse at Station Square will outshine any restaurant near you-and any seafood restaurant Pittsburgh has to offer. Come join us for the most memorable dining experience around.
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My mother planned a family lunch here for my 40th birthday. We’ve been to Station Square many times and I’ve always wanted to try this place for the historic charm. We loved the old architecture the building was absolutely amazing so elegant! There were other birthday’s and wedding parties going on while we were there and I could see why it’s the perfect place! Our waitress went above and beyond to serve our group and she even took time to do several family photos on the staircase. The entire staff went above and beyond! I highly recommend this place for an event or even a romantic dinner. It’s like a step back in history. The food was excellent as well!

1  Thank deebug2470

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Wonderful seafood menu with other dishes also. Most beautiful setting. Valet parking. We enjoyed casino clams, delish scallops in she'll with crabmeat sauce but scallops were cut in half, Charlies chowder, squash soup, peel and eat shrimp and a Martha's Vinyard salad, which I would pass on, it was nothing special, needed pears, apples or beets. Wonderful wine and cocktail list. Great desserts. A special place, very romantic! Wait staff very polished, knew the menu, groomed well and very cordial.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch while at a conference. Beautiful restaurant and good service but the crab cake I had was below average. I also noted that the same sandwich was $2 cheaper in the bar area. My friends fish and chips was way too breaded and under cooked. We both wished we went somewhere else.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The Grand Concourse is an amazing dining experience. The opulence of another era takes you back to times when dining was an adventure and politeness was the norm.

This was my second time eating lunch at this beautiful restaurant. I am so in love with the Grand Course that it will be s regular stop for me when traveling to Pittsburgh.

Note: If you are loud and obnoxious this is not the place for you. Please find a sports bar and leave the rest of us to enjoy the quiet elegance of this dining experience.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

The Sunday brunch is a treat to behold! More food than one can imagine including hot fresh donuts made right before your eyes. This is all served with elegance in the beautiful old train station in downtown Pittsburgh. I might add that the service is exceptional. This is a real compliment to our waiter, Greg. Even though most in our party comes once a year, Greg remembers our drink orders from previous visits. Just as a cup of coffee cools, he is there with a refill. As busy as he is, he still finds time to visit with us and, as a result, we feel we know him pretty well.
Good food, served in an elegant setting, great service, and reasonably priced. Don't miss this landmark when in Pittsburgh.

Date of visit: September 2017