“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Casbah

Casbah
Reserve with OpenTable
Casbah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,393 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Cross street: Alder Street
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The Casbah is located on the other side of the City in which I live but I decided to make the 50 minute drive anyway. My wife and I wanted to enjoy a special dinner and the Casbah came through!

I ordered Filet and my wife had Scallops. Both dinners had the savory taste that we hoped for. The cheese plate appetizer and the final desert rounded out our meal perfectly.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Birthday Brunch Everything from start to finish was excellent! My friend and I came to Casbah on a Sunday afternoon. Although we arrived earlier than our scheduled reservation we were seated immediately. Our server was friendly and answered all my friends inquiries regarding the vegetarian options. My sangria was perfect, my friend got the mimosa and she really liked it. A warm basket of fun size biscuits and scones and honey butter were light and just enough if you missed breakfast. The appetizers were crispy calimari with a zesty aioli and roasted beet salad, both were very tasty. My entree, was a satisfying serving of broiled salmon with tsaziki sauce on a bed of braised greens, well seasoned and medium rare. My friend ordered the orichetti pasta with brussel sprouts in an olive and garlic sauce. We were too full to order anything else, but will definitely be back to try desserts! In my opinion, Casbah has consistently exceeded expectations in fine dining. Fresh Seasonal ingredients seasoned with Mediterranean flavors and expertly prepared

Reviewed 21 November 2017

The brunch comes with a drink, a starter and a main.The pear mimosas were great as was the salty dog. We had very tasty creamy polenta, crab omelet,eggs Benedict and ample smoked salmon. The highlight was the poached lamb dish, unusual and very tasty.Highly recommend it as a main dish.
The service was reasonable. Would go back but be seated in the front.
Unclear why the name Casbah as the food is not Algerian or Moroccan.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely night out, sitting inside the covered and heated patio. Our server was attentive, helpful in making selections. We started with salads, and both the arugula and beet options were very good. The greens are dark and spicy. The bread basket was accompanied by butter and a delicious Greek yogurt spread that tasted like the best cream cheese we've ever had. My risotto was outstanding, and my husband finished his entire entree. A very nice night at Casbah.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

A local Pittsburgher recommended this restaurant to us three out-of-towners . With a reservation we entered the warm, bustling Casbah on a chilly Saturday night. We were seated downstairs in a comfy booth. We all loved the wine suggested by our waitress as well as our main courses: A pasta, duck, and fish. The menu always changes as it is market driven. As a vegetarian, there were multiple options for me. My homemade pasta was al
Dente perfection. We all loved the Casbah.
If anyone knows why it is called by that name, let me know!