All reviews carson street hi express free shuttle shuttle service station square within miles bars and restaurants free breakfast front desk staff breakfast room stay at this hotel again mile radius key card across the bridge pnc park non smoking bagels
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Comforters on both beds were covered in brown marks. Did not even look like they had tried to wash them. Hairs in my "clean" bed before I had even sat on them. Please see photos in this review for stains. I called the front desk asking for a clean comforter and was told they did not even have a single clean, extra comforter. That, to me, shows that if they do not even have one clean comforter just in case, that they do not wash them at all. I am disgusted and will not stay here again.

Room tip: Just don't book here. Loud and disgusting.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I assure you that this matter was corrected immediately, and measures are in place to ensure this will not happen again. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to us directly.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Perfect hotel for a short stay. Room was clean. They have a shuttle to downtown Pittsburgh, which is amazing. Front desk associates look chilled out and they were helpful and friendly. This hotel has breakfast, not great but it is worth a while before you start your day!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am most pleased to hear that you loved our clean and spacious rooms, friendly and outgoing staff of superstars as well as the convenience of our courtesy shuttle service and prime location. We cannot wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here while attending a Steelers game, the hotel has a shuttle that takes you to the train station which you then ride to the stadium. It was a nice perk but expect a bit of a wait. The hotel itself was a little older but the furnishings and bathroom were updated and very clean. The hotel staff was very friendly and we were able to check into our room early. I would definitely stay here again. Go Steelers! The pictures attached show the view from our room.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Wow, 5 stars!! Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us here on TripAdvisor! I am most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our warm and friendly staff and that we were able to accommodate your early check-in request! Please visit us again soon! Even during the off season, our beautiful city has so much to offer!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My mother was sent to Mercy Hospital in an emergency. Exhausted and worried I found the Holiday In Express on S.10th St. Unsure as to when she would be discharged, I was booking day by day. The Holiday Inn Express was close to the hospital and many things. It was extremely comfortable, safe and secure. Off street parking is available and they offer a free shuttle service to places in a 3 mile radius (including Mercy Hospital) and a complimentary breakfast, which often proved to be my only meal each day. Perhaps most importantly, they worked with me around my plans, of which I was unsure. Additionally they cared enough to inquire about my mother each day. I would especially like to commend and thank Gladys for her extremely professional and courteous service and communication. I hope to stay there again sometime when I can enjoy the very convenient location and extremely comfortable accommodations!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Wow, 5 stars!! Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am elated to hear that our team went above and beyond; exceeding your expectations during a difficult time. We certainly loved having you here with us. We hope you are able to plan a trip to Pittsburgh very soon so we can host you again in our beautiful city and prime location!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean. The hall way on the floor I was on had garbage on the floor and the noise level was high. The breakfast bar seemed like they were out of most of the regular items so the selection wasn't good at all. No muffins or bagels. No fruit. No cinnamon rolls. The omelets they had were overcooked and scorched.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I would like to personally apologize for the lack of breakfast items during your time spent here with us, as well as the other issues you experienced. I assure you, all of this has been corrected. I appreciate your liking of our friendly and helpful staff, as well as your mention of our clean and spacious rooms. Please visit us again soon; I promise our breakfast will not disappoint.