Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side
US$ 170
US$ 144
  • Breakfast included
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
US$ 203
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$ 204
  • Restaurant
US$ 164
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 207/night.

US$ 98
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 116/night.

Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
US$ 164
Travelocity
US$ 101
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 116/night.

US$ 96
Priceline
US$ 227
US$ 215
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscarson streethi expressfree shuttlefront deskshuttle servicestation squarewithin milesbars and restaurantsfree breakfastbreakfast roomstay at this hotel againmile radiuskey cardpirates gameacross the bridgenon smokingbagels
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

They would not check us in even 1 minute before 4PM. So we waited for 2 hrs...could have suggested for us to use the amenities..none of the special requests I asked for were accommodated.. I.e. room overlooking the river..price of room not worth it.as hotel in a very grundgy part of town..shuttle driver was at least very nice. People of Pittsburgh are so nice but definitely would stay someplace else...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hi weekenders388,

Thanks for your recent overnight. I'm sorry to hear that you were letdown by the service level and accommodations provided during your stay. While I understand your disappointments, please note that our standard check-in time is 16:00 and room requests, if different from what was confirmed, are subject to availability when room inventory permits. Nonetheless, be assured that your feedback is valuable and shared with the management to help improve the services we offer.

I appreciate you letting us know about what transpired. I genuinely hope we get to welcome you back for a chance to make your next stay better than the previous.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Room 627 8/14-8/18
Missing garbage can in main room.
Air conditioner unit was broken, room never got cold while on full blast.
Garbage was left behind chair in corner of room.
There was 4 or 5 holes in the window blinds.
Locked out of room for 3 hours, lock on door broke. Hotel had to call maintenance who was not on site to replace lock. After drilling out lock, metal shavings were left outside of door and never vacuumed up and which were later stepped on. All of our personal belongings were locked inside, including our hot food we just purchased and left in room while we ran down to the third floor for our laundry. We then had to go somewhere else to purchase more food and wait for our room to be unlocked.
The general manager seemed to have no care about our inconvenience and never once apologized but one employee, Raymond was very apologetic and tried to help us any way he could. He has always given us great customer service every stay.

Room 525 8/21-8/25
Ice machine on the fifth floor wasn't working, had to go to another floor all week.
The windows were extremely dirty.
The air conditioner unit again was not working and was making a loud noise the entire stay.
A dirty disgusting wash cloth from a previous guest was left hanging on shower rack to be found by me while showering our first night.
The extra roll of toilet paper had an unknown substance (possibly
blood) wiped on it that seeped through the entire roll and again was left there for me to find when reaching to replace the roll.
On day 3 our garbage cans were changed but no bag was replaced.
Garbage was left behind the chair in the corner. (Again) A do not disturb sign was not left in room.
Coffee cups were never replaced.
While showering, the bathtub would not drain and would fill up about
3/4 of the way.
The carpet was never vacuumed and crumbs were left on floor our entire stay.
Change linen sign was left outside door for housekeeping, beds were never changed or even made.
Our entire stay the beds were not made and our personal items were not left on bed.
On Wednesday at about 5pm a maid walked right into our room without knocking, my husband was in the middle of changing when they came in.
We are checking out today, (Friday) and requested a late check out for 1pm. Maid service still walked right into our room at 9:30am. They have also been slamming doors outside our room since 9am and continued until we checked out.

On several occasions employees were standing outside the first floor door smoking, not moving out of way of guest and leaving a cloud of smoke for us to walk through.
Complaints were made to the front desk and nothing was done about it.

I emailed Alex, the sales coordinator and he has done nothing to fix any of these problems so now I'm posting it on here. This was the exact email I sent to him.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hello Christina S,

Thank you for your recent stay and for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite member since 2016. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the issues of the poor upkeep, condition of the room and service which fell below your expectations. I have also sent you a private message in further response to your review. Let me assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you arrive up until you leave our hotel. I truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us and I am confident that our management will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Charges for parking. Horns honking and other traffic noise throughout the night. Stained carpet with pieces of toilet paper worked in. Simply an unclean facility.

No pride in ownership or keeping the facility to a reasonable standard.

I won't be back here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank duckhuntermann

Hi duckhuntermann,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were letdown by our property's overall upkeep. The inconvenience this and the external noise caused are not what we expected. Be assured that this is shared with the management to help determine areas that need improvement.

Thanks again for bringing these to attention. Do know that I've reached out to you privately to obtain more information.

Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My husband,son and i stayed here last nite.when we checked in we were given helpful advice on transportation,taxi,shuttle,etc from desk clerk. We were not acknowledged as platinum members,nor were we given a welcome gift,which we are used to getting from hi express. My son is autistic and enjoys this and he is quite the traveller,so he notices everything and asked me why he didnt get one. The room was huge and beds are amazing! We were in town for a wedding at another hotel so the location was good.right across the bridge.breakfast was a disappointment this morning. They ran out of sausage and bacon and didn't replenish the sausage until we were all finished and leaving. No peanut butter No Bananas except for one that was rotten. Coffee was great. Breakfast attendant needs to pay attention. Overall we were satisfied with our visit and will probably stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank teresanln
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hi teresanln,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our location. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our breakfast and staff service. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team for improvements needed.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better accommodate you.

Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I will start with the positive. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius that we took advantage of. The driver was fantastic. That is where it ends.
The hotel is do dated it gave me the creeps. Rugs need to get replaced. Shower replaced. AC replaced. Housekeeping never left enough towels. Neighborhood stinks. Parking rate was 18 bucks daily and many strange charcters hanging around the hotel. Also the breakfast not nearly as good as Hilton properties. Rate should be about $80 a night, not $150.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear jesaia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our shuttle service. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our facilities, amenities and housekeeping staff. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for reference.

Joel A