All reviewscarson streethi expressfree shuttlefront deskshuttle servicestation squarewithin milesbars and restaurantsfree breakfastbreakfast roomstay at this hotel againmile radiuskey cardpirates gamepnc parkacross the bridgenon smoking
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is dated and the maintenance they had done looks like they hired amateurs to do the job. Attention to detail is not their strongest skill. Employees would walk over something that should have been picked up, but they didn't seem to care about how the place looked or how their customers would think about the trash on the floor. Made me wonder about how clean my room really was. The employees were nice, but didn't not go out of their way to make their customers feel welcome. I usually like Holiday Inns but this one is off my list.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback. I appreciate you mentioning the kindness of our staff, but I also understand that you also encountered a few problem areas. Please contact me directly; (412) 488-1130. I will take any measure possible to make this right for you.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Great hotel for visiting Pittsburgh. The front desk folks were very accommodating as well as the free breakfast and clean spacious rooms.
Easy walking to many restaurants and bars.
The best part was getting around to see all the great sights. They have a great shuttle service for free that will take you to and from. An easy call back to the hotel and the driver will come get you wherever you are. Don't forget to tip the driver! They are great!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to place your experience with us here on TripAdvisor! I am elated to hear that you loved our friendly and accommodating staff, plentiful breakfast, as well as our clean and spacious rooms! I am glad to hear you appreciated the advantage of our prime location; over 200 bars, restaurants, shops, galleries and eateries, all within walking distance! Thank you for making use of our courtesy shuttle service! We aim and strive to provide ease and convenience! We cover a 3 mile radius, first come first serve, 7am up until 10:30pm. Our 3 mile radius covers just about anything in our Downtown City Center, albeit any potential road closures or traffic restrictions. Please visit us again soon. We cannot wait to host you again in our beautiful Steel City!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Stayed here for my second time in February 2011. Was just as good as my first stay. However I didn't use the shuttle - based on my last mishap.
Felt that the breakfast was reasonable but the same....
Room was quite clean and had a fresh feel. Amenities were of normal expected standards for a Holiday Inn Express.
At the time, also made use of the pool and hot tub.
Staff were somewhat friendly - except there was one guy who told me that the Steelers would win a Superbowl before the Ravens did...wonder what happened in 2013?

Room Tip: Be careful using the complimentary shuttle
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your return visit; we love to see familiar faces! I am also glad to hear your report of our clean and spacious rooms; we always aim to provide consistency. As far as our sports teams, sorry to say, but between the Pirates, Penguins and the Steelers, we will make it there!!! Our entire city bleeds Black and Gold! See you at the Superbowl, and we also hope to see you again during future travels. Be sure to visit our prime location again, we never disappoint. See you soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Clean rooms, close to Southside, have to drive to Pittsburgh's downtown or take shuttle, you pay to park but get a free breakfast and can hear trains outside; there is an indoor pool so; overall a B+.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your rave review here with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your liking of our clean and spacious rooms, most convenient location, courtesy shuttle service and secure parking. Please visit us again during future travels through our thriving city!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Had a room for 1 night during St. Patty's day! Staff is always nice & helpful with anything needed. The shuttle is a GREAT thing, it took us directly to our destination without any problems or questions. If you ever need a hotel in the SS during the weekend, I highly recommend it. Price isn't bad for SS especially if you split it up between people.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Wow, 5 Stars!! Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am elated to hear that you loved our staff, as well as the courtesy shuttle service we provide! I most appreciate your high accolades. Please visit us again soon, for another fabulous night out on the town!