All reviewscarson streethi expressfree shuttlefront deskshuttle servicestation squarewithin milesbars and restaurantsfree breakfastbreakfast roomstay at this hotel againmile radiuskey cardpirates gamepnc parkacross the bridgenon smoking
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Clean rooms, close to Southside, have to drive to Pittsburgh's downtown or take shuttle, you pay to park but get a free breakfast and can hear trains outside; there is an indoor pool so; overall a B+.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your rave review here with us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your liking of our clean and spacious rooms, most convenient location, courtesy shuttle service and secure parking. Please visit us again during future travels through our thriving city!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Had a room for 1 night during St. Patty's day! Staff is always nice & helpful with anything needed. The shuttle is a GREAT thing, it took us directly to our destination without any problems or questions. If you ever need a hotel in the SS during the weekend, I highly recommend it. Price isn't bad for SS especially if you split it up between people.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Wow, 5 Stars!! Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am elated to hear that you loved our staff, as well as the courtesy shuttle service we provide! I most appreciate your high accolades. Please visit us again soon, for another fabulous night out on the town!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

My Wife & I , stayed here recently, & we found this hotel to be very nice.
The check-in was quick, efficient, our room was clean & spacious, bed & linens were very comfortable. The free breakfast was OK... Coffee was very good.
There is a shuttle.. that will take you to sites within a specified radius. we did take advantage of this. John was our driver and he was very nice.
There is an extra parking charge , of 18 dollars/day.
In conclusion... this hotel is in a great location for all things Downtown pgh, & Southside, and North-shore.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am most elated to hear that you loved our clean, spacious and comforting accommodations, as well as our friendly and courteous staff! I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the convenience of our central location within the city while making use of the courtesy shuttle service we provide! Please visit us again during your future travels through Pittsburgh. We would love the opportunity to host you again in our lovely city of bridges.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for two nights for an exceptional price and the worker at the from desk upgraded us to a suite. On the second day of our stay, we didn't know if we would be staying a second night so one of the staff at the front desk extended our checkout time and told us we could leave our stuff behind the desk and he'd save our suite just in case, however, he wasn't going to be there in the afternoon so he told the other staff that we might be coming and they knew who I was right when they saw me. The location was also perfect, located right off the 10th street bridge with a beautiful overlook of the hills and the city. Parking is $18 for your entire stay, however, it's safe gated parking behind the hotel unless you want to park two streets away for free. There was also a shuttle service that was free with the hotel except for tip and they would drop you off or pick you up anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. I would definitely suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Wow, 5 stars! Thank you for taking the time to place your experience here with us on TripAdvisor! I am most pleased to hear that we were able to honor your extended stay. I am elated that you enjoyed our prime location, gorgeous views, secure parking and courtesy shuttle service. Thank you for your rave recommendations! We will await your return during your future travels!

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself was fine. Location is great for checking out Southside, inclines and Station Square. Raymond at the front desk was very helpful and supplied us with many worthwhile tips for doing both inclines and then checking out Station Square. Raymond got an A+ for the trip.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to place your experience here with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your rave review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our thriving location, and most elated to see your mention of Raymond! He is truly an asset to our team, and your acknowledgement of that means so much to all of us! Please come back to visit us again soon!