“Good Breakfast and Service”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #181 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Our family stopped in for breakfast at First Watch in Pittsburgh after a redeye flight from California. We were one of the first ones in when they opened early morning.
The food was fresh, fresh coffee, they had a good selection of menu items. Kids had the pancakes and we had the breakfast eggs.
Overall its a nice clean cafe for a good breakfast and good service.
I would recommend it.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Figure on spending about $15 for breakfast which makes it more expensive than fast foods but the selection is better as is the quality of the food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

This is a very popular place at the weekend, so expect to wait a half hour or so for a table, they will text you when it's ready. We did and took advantage of the time to have a wee wander through the bookstore a short walk away. I chose the smoked salmon benedict, one of the summer specials, with potatoes. It was excellent, with an intense, delicious hollandaise sauce that complemented the salmon beautifully. I really loved it. We also shared a brioche with berries and mango - so fresh and tasty. I thoroughly enjoyed this brunch and look forward to returning to this establishment soon.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank ZanderAustralia
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I go to First Watch occasionally for lunch. I really want to like it and the menu has some great choices. However, the food just doesn't live up to the descriptions. I find most things to be on the bland side. The food certainly isn't awful, just not as flavorful as one would expect from the menu descriptions. On a positive note, the service is generally quite good and everything is generally very fresh. I will likely go back at some point and hopefully find something a little more flavorful.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here recently and loved it! First Watch serves such fresh and delicious meals. All of their breakfast items are my favorites. We’ll be back soon!

Date of visit: April 2018