“You need to try it once ....”
Review of Meat & Potatoes

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Street
Transit: Being a downtown Pittsburgh location, there are many options and we recommend going to the Port Authority website for schedules, rates and general information.
Description: Meat & Potatoes is a place with a warm, inviting pub atmosphere that serves sophisticated, yet unpretentious food. An extensive, and creative, cocktail, beer and wine list is an integral part of what we do at our wonderful establishment. Come visit a place where the locals dine!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've heard from folks that we needed to try Meat & Potatoes. specifically the ribeye for 2. So while we still live in the area we finally got around to trying it out. I must say the ribeye was huge. We also split a salad and the side of mushrooms. Everything we had was good ... plenty of food for the two of us. We agreed that we were glad we gave it a try, but with limited time left before we move out of the area it's not likely we will make it back there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Got to travel to the Burg for this downtown restaurant with family .This place was compact, but enough room to see the sites outside in the city with a table by the window. Ordered flatbread with sauteed mushrooms which reminded me of a tiny pizza..Taste was very good. Had a sample of the mussels that came with bread and dipping sauce-very tender for first time experience.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

The first time I was here with my boyfriend, I wasn't a fan. Maybe we ordered the wrong things…the wings were underwhelming…the duck portion was sooo small. And main the thing - the thing that always left a bad taste in my mouth - was that our card was double charged. I had to call the restaurant a minimum of 15 times to try to resolve the issue. I got the run around for over a month of them telling me first that they could see the double charge and that it was pending so would be corrected, then after it posted, I was constantly told no manager was in and I'd be called back or they'd look into it. It was very clear they were trying to brush me off. Finally after all that time, they said oh yes, we do see that, you'll have to dispute with your credit card company. I would normally have given up and just dealt with it because it was that annoying, but our bill was $130. I think it's a bit ridiculous to get the run around like that when you can clearly see someone isn't complaining about $20.

I just recently went back on a work trip, only because coworkers wanted to try it out based on the reputation. I will say that the service, the steak tartare, the bone marrow, my strip loin, my coworker's homemade pasta, and the experience were excellent. We all enjoyed our meals and had no complaints.

I'm glad I came back to try it out, and clearly my review indicates I'm not trying to hold a grudge, I just hope someone takes note of the customer service on my first visit and subsequent follow ups.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for dinner. You need reservations however if you are willing to sit at the bar you can order off the menu. We have heard great things about this place and it held up to it’s reputation. It is pricey, but worth it especially if you enjoy good food with a good atmosphere!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Tried the 44oz rib-eye for 2; was told by the server that it would take 45 minutes due to the size of the cut, so we ordered a grilled bread appetizer. A bit of char on 2 slices of sourdough? Served with 2 choices of butter, one a creamy/infused with a bit of fennel flavor ...but the break was toasty and delicious. Server was also very attentive to peanut allergy issues. Steak arrived, with 6 inch bone still attached and it's almost like a roast. This is a big cut of meat. Again a bit of crusty char on the outside but absolutely perfectly cooked inside. Incredibly tender, almost like a pot roast but with a tiny bit of crunch from the char and the meat was as good of a steak as I've ever had. More than enough for 2 hungry men despite not being able to stop eating because it was so good. Served with a bone marrow gratin that melts over the steak, adding to the intensity. We tried 2 side sauces - the bernaise was creamier/softer than most, not as tangy but still good. The bone marrow demi may have been redundant but it was a wonderful deep flavored dip for every bite. Tried a side of au gratin potatoes - stringy/cheesy with butter, which were very good but very much a side car for this meal. Tables were very crowded, almost on top of each other and service was attentive. Limited but good wine selection and drinks on surrounding tables looked very good. But if I was appearing on Food Network "Best Ever -- Meat", this would be my spot. If you want a great steak...and better than other more famous and even more expensive chains...go....