“Good buffet!”
Review of Namaste India

Namaste India
Ranked #1,247 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Description: I thought the food was good so I'm sorry to give it one star BUT.....seeing a roach scamper from under my napkin and across the table trumps everything. Yes, there I was sitting at my table, getting ready to pay the bill. When I picked up my napkin from the table to be sure I hadn't left anything a ROACH came running out. I quickly called to the waiter but suddenly he couldn't understand English - even though he understood all my questions about the food and was able to take my order just fine. Stay away from this place.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Strange to find an Indian buffet restaurant in a Days Inn, but I was pleasantly surprised! The food is good and the service is great. Will go back next time I stay at the Days Inn!

Date of visit: July 2014

Reviewed 24 May 2013

To sum it up quickly, I won't be going back. I hope the owner is aware that its important to welcome customers. Some walk in and haven't eaten there so dont know if should seat themselves or wait. Hospitality is a BIG reason ppl return, I feel. It seems theres only two workers atmost.. I dont know maybe they dont have time between preparing food to greet anyone. One worker is somewhat nice and smiles and gets water and bread. One time I ate here and felt odd like I should leave. Last time I was in, I had 8 ppl altogether. We asked for tea and we were told it would be out. Then the buffet was closing to open for dinner. We felt rushed. We waited on tea when finally they brought it. Thats when we were made to feel like we shouldnt take it. We took a cup with us on way out. I suggest they atleast make a customer drink tea at table and not rush out door. Doesnt matter if changing from lunch to dinner! In the car, my 9 year old spilled tea on her leg and had 2nd degree burns. Lets just say overall my experience was terrible. What topped it off is when we were told we have too many spoons on plate. We stirred tea with them (8 spoons) I never heard of scolding a customer for using eating utensils!! I ignored the rude person who said it. My advice, put coffee/tea stirrers (straw) that way if spoons bother you, we wont have to use them. Food good sometimes. But once lunchtime it was very spicy too salty and no selection. I did like their buffet not saying hate it entirely but needs improvement. No matter what I wont be back sorry..
:-((

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I found this restaurant after craving for some Indian food yesterday evening. I used TripAdvisor's iPhone app and Namaste India was the closest Indian restaurant in relation to where I was at presently. So, along with my better half who is a "closet Indian", we found the place located in a small shopping plaza with the help of my iPhone's MapQuest app. The restaurant was located next to an Indian grocery, which we browsed through prior to our dinner. Anyway, we entered the restaurant, and although it was empty except for a table of two men, we were seated and perused the menu. I chose the Tandoori Platter, my Better Half ordered the curry chicken. The papadum and accompanying sauces were wonderful. We also ordered an Indian tea, which was also excellent. Though there was somewhat of an apparent language barrier, when our food was brought to us, we both ended up with the same dish, Tandoori Platter. Along with our garlic naan bread, it proved to be an excellent choice, and we both savored the spices and flavors that were set before us. As we dined, the place was filling up with other patrons who also no doubt knew what delights awaited their pallets. We couldn't finish our entree's but each left enough room for dessert. I had the gulab jamun, Better Half had the kheer. We will definitely return to dine here again...and soon! The one negative comment is that it seemed that the sanitary standard of the bathrooms could be improved upon, but regardless, neither of us had any subsequent gastrointestinal issues after eating here!

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Food was excellent; service was slow (as is usual in Indian restaurants). Servings were more than adequate, again as usual. I would return again if in the area.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I have been eating here for many years now. We almost always go for the lunch buffet and have eaten here at least 25-30 times now. The menu items change every time we're here so sometimes we like it better than others and range from really thrilled by the food to feeling it's ok but are never disappointed. The owners/staff are really very nice too and they serve you fresh naan to order. I am writing now after all these years because another Indian restaurant opened a stones throw away and I want to make sure you try Namaste instead. The service and attitude at the other are just this side of rude and indifferent. Yesterday, I had baigan bharta, chana masala, palak paneer, pakora, chicken tandoor, onion naan and masala tea and all were very very good. All for $7.95. I hope you'll stop by and give it a try.

Date of visit: July 2011