1,366 results
All reviews north shore pnc park heinz field great location stage ae rivers casino pirates game sports fans within walking distance free breakfast across the street sleeper sofa science center sitting area baseball stadium sporting events nice breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Hands down the best hotel and location in North Shore. Conveniently located near all the sports, entertainment, and dining venues. Superb staff eager to make you happy and satisfy all your needs during your stay! Will return again and again!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Excellent place to stay on the North Side of Pittsburgh! Right in the parking lot of PNC Park, short walk to Heinz Field, and convenient to all the downtown activities. Our room was beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I had been looking for a hotel close to downtown Pittsburgh. This place stood out a bit as they didn't require you to valet park your vehicle or charge you some extra fee for it, plus it appeared relatively close.

What I didn't realize was that the location was literally in between the major sports stadiums (football / baseball). If you're here for a game, that would be great. As it was, it made navigating to the hotel more challenging due to tour-buses bringing in fans as well as game-day traffic (the Pirates happened to by playing the Phillies). I initially could not find anywhere to park to check in! I gave up and parked in a non-space in their gated lot (the gate was open) until I could check in.

Once inside, I was unclear where the front desk was. What I saw first looked more like the order-counter for their restaurant/snack bar. I looked around down a couple of hallways, saw no other counters, and then asked if this was in fact the front desk. The lady confirmed that it was. Now, I'm not asking for a concierge dressed in a tuxedo and uniform-clad bellhops, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out where I check in...

Check-in was easy. I then asked about parking - i.e., is there an overflow lot if all space were full. The check-in lady seemed unsure, but noted "that's a good question." I saw one space open up just outside the control-gate, so I asked if I could legitimately park there; she said yes. I quickly exited and moved the car around before someone else took the space.

We then unloaded our bags and headed to our room, which was at the extreme end of the hallway on the top floor. About 20 feet outside the window was the elevated ramp of I-279. I will give the place credit - there wasn't nearly as much traffic noise as I might have expected, but it was still noticeable. So, you might ask for a room as far from that side (west) of the building as possible. Later, it wasn't as bad re: sleep as I thought. In a way, the subdued night traffic sounds were a bit like white-noise.

We later drove to dinner and were able to find a parking spot when we returned (though the lot was still crowded).

Breakfast was complimentary the next morning, which was nice. We also had no issues with their WiFi.

On the plus side, the hotel is about 1.5 blocks from the river, and there are extensive pedestrian paths that lead along the north shore (and also across into the city itself). There are numerous bars and restaurants within an easy walk. The Science Museum is only about 1/4 mile away. And, as stated earlier, both the Steelers' and Pirates' stadiums are almost adjacent to the hotel.

If I returned, I would not likely stay here again (as I'm not a big sports fan). However, depending on the reason for your visit, this might be an ideal place.

Room tip: Ask for a room further from I-279.
2  Thank JustPeachy17
Reviewed 13 July 2018

A huge room that was incredibly clean. Perfect location for PNC Park or Heinz field.Excellent staff, very helpful and courteous. Very quite with great beds and pillows, Over top notch experience, will defiantly stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018

The room was clean, the breakfast was fantastic, but with the double decker highway running alongside the building, we didn't get much sleep! I was more tired after spending the night there than after a 10 hour trip the day before! Road noise inside the room was unbearable.
On a better note, This Hyatt has an employee that deserves HIGH recognition.... David the shuttle driver/ morning breakfast man... More companies need a dedicated, knowledgeable and sincere person like David

Ps,... I found it ridiculous that I was charged $16.00 for a handicapped parking space, even worse that I was charged a $6.00 parking tax for a total of $22.00.