“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
b
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April for 2 nights. We were in town for a family wedding. The hotel is rather contemporary looking and is beautifully done. The room appears to be larger than it actually is because of the hide-away bathroom and shower. I especially like the fact that there are two sinks, and the toliet is separate from the shower. It was clean, well kept and comfortable for sleeping. A breakfast was included in the lobby area, which was an added plus...less money to spend to eat out! There was a good spread of food, including two eggs; one plain and the other an omelette. Sausage available as well. You could make your own waffle too! There was plenty of cerals, hot and cold, to choose from; fruit, bagels, bread etc. Lots of choices of beverages as well!

I also had the opportunity to enroll in a free Zumba class, literally by walking through a walkway to get to the gym. The class was a lot of fun! The instructor was fantastic!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Also, it is very quiet. We didn't hear anyone or anything at any time of the day.

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to change the air units. The air blew on my husband throughout the night. It didn't appear that teh air flow could be changed. Other than that, GREAT place!

One last statement...the staff was friendly and readily available!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
K d,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best Wishes,
Justin Blair, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed here while visiting CMU over spring break. Nice new hotel, rooms were clean and well laid out. I am planning on staying there in again for new student orientation in August. The double queen suites were good for a family with 2 teenagers as it has a separate pullout couch in a small living room area, so they can have their own beds. It saves me from having to get 2 rooms which is the norm at this point . Also the bathroom is spilt , it has a separate toilet and sink, and a shower and vanity. Parking was free in the attached garage, the only problem with the location is it was a bit out of the way. It wasn't really walkable to dining, and parking in the area is very limited. That is the one down side. There is a shuttle service which I used to go to CMU, service was friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Lovetotravel2070,
Thank you for your review and recommendation. We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We arrived at our destination around 10:30 PM and decided to have a night cap before going to our room. So around 11:00 PM we took the elevator to the 5th floor. After locating our room, I opened it with my key card. Next thing I knew someone was yelling at me and jumped out of the bed!!! I quickly closed the door and returned to the front desk. We were given another room and was told that it must have been a "computer glitch." I had the worst night's sleep because I kept waking up and worrying that someone was going to come into my room. Also, the mattress was terrible and not comfortable at all. I kept rolling down into the middle. The staff was sorry about what had happened but refused to adjust my bill. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Linda P
Linda P.,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with SpringHill Suites in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our room was spacious and very clean, and anything we needed (Q-tips, lady products, extra towels, directions, etc.) was graciously provided by the staff. We took advantage of the hotel shuttle, which is free within a 3mile radius of the hotel, and we were able to go to Phipp's Conservatory and some of the local restaurants and bars without having to worry about a taxi until after 10-11pm. Another bonus was the complimentary gym pass for the Urban Fitness right next to the hotel. They have a nice continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30am, and there is a cafe with good coffee across the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
ErmMac,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great hotel, with nice, new, spacious rooms and conveniently located. The espresso shop downstairs and across the parking lot was a nice plus, as was the Anthropologie store located next door.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Jadoreart,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,