“Best Kielbasa Ever!”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Don't miss this spot if you are in the neighborhood. Stopped by for carry out on a visit to Pittsburgh. We purchased smoked and wedding Kielbasa. The wedding is wonderful and has just the right amount of garlic. Also bought delicious pierogies and white borscht. Have only tried the wonderful potato and cheddar pirogies. This type of authentic food is becoming more difficult to find and if you are on the "strip" in Pittsburgh don't miss S & D. The staff are friendly and we can't wait to return.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

My wife loves a good pierogi, and with this being our first visit to Pittsburgh I though we would give it a shot. Not only was the pierogi delicious, but the kielbasy and potato pancakes were amazing as well. We would have gotten some items from the deli section to take as well, but didn't have anywhere to keep them fresh overnight. If we are ever in Pittsburgh again we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

In Cleveland's 'Strip" area, not far from downtown. Walked by, knowing we were headed to a local fish market for lunch. Intrigued by the menu board in the window. Stepped inside to look around. Asked about the 'pierogi of the day', on sale 4 for $4 (from $5). It was mushroom. Absolutely the best pierogi I've ever tasted, and I've been to Poland. Not huge, but packed with flavor. Served with onions on top, and with a light butter sauce.

The small store also includes a deli counter and grocery of sorts, with mostly Polish foods. They say they ship - so might have to give that a try.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I stopped in S&D Polish Deli to check out their condiments, especially mustard because the Polish do this very well and as it turns out I didn't get any mustard, but instead I had some pirogi and they were great! Really nice flavour and I wish I had bought some to take home with me. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Really authentic polish deli in the strip district. Good lunch spot. Have a full lunch or stop for a local taste as an appetizer ahead of the next stop. Pierogis great, suggest the sampler for the table. Kielbasa with mustard and beets excellent.