“Delicious Polish Food and Friendly Staff”
Review of S&D Polish Deli

S&D Polish Deli
Ranked #34 of 2,305 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Reviewed 5 October 2017

My wife loves a good pierogi, and with this being our first visit to Pittsburgh I though we would give it a shot. Not only was the pierogi delicious, but the kielbasy and potato pancakes were amazing as well. We would have gotten some items from the deli section to take as well, but didn't have anywhere to keep them fresh overnight. If we are ever in Pittsburgh again we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

In Cleveland's 'Strip" area, not far from downtown. Walked by, knowing we were headed to a local fish market for lunch. Intrigued by the menu board in the window. Stepped inside to look around. Asked about the 'pierogi of the day', on sale 4 for $4 (from $5). It was mushroom. Absolutely the best pierogi I've ever tasted, and I've been to Poland. Not huge, but packed with flavor. Served with onions on top, and with a light butter sauce.

The small store also includes a deli counter and grocery of sorts, with mostly Polish foods. They say they ship - so might have to give that a try.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I stopped in S&D Polish Deli to check out their condiments, especially mustard because the Polish do this very well and as it turns out I didn't get any mustard, but instead I had some pirogi and they were great! Really nice flavour and I wish I had bought some to take home with me. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Really authentic polish deli in the strip district. Good lunch spot. Have a full lunch or stop for a local taste as an appetizer ahead of the next stop. Pierogis great, suggest the sampler for the table. Kielbasa with mustard and beets excellent.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We had just finished our downtown bike tour, and were pretty hungry. We wanted to get out of downtown, but not too far, and someplace with plenty of parking. We decided to head for The Strip, and take our chances. Boy are we glad we did, and that we stumbled onto this amazing gem!

The big menu board outside caught our attention, and on paper, the place sounded good. The prices are EXTREMELY REASONABLE. I wanted variety and ordered the platter, with three pierogies, halushka, and a stuffed cabbage roll. (forgot the Polish name) OMG, this food was so good! Oh, and the wife got Kielbasy and her own cabbage roll. The tender egg noodles of the halushka were to die for. Never have I thought noodles and butter could taste this good. The stuffing in the cabbage was hearty and delicious. I got the spinach pierogies, which were a nice change from the potato ones that I had tried a day or so earlier. I need to search for a place in Houston that makes these little beauties!

The Kielbasy that my wife got was also very nice. Lots of meaty flavor with just the right amount of fatty goodness. Came with a brown mustard and a beet dip, and both were wonderful. It's probably a good thing that I don't have access to this place on a daily basis, or I would really pack on the pounds.

I did have just a couple minor negatives. The young lady that took our order wasn't overly friendly or helpful regarding a couple questions we had. And it would have been nice to get a glass or cup of ice to pour our drinks into, but alas, they don't offer that.

So if you're in Pittsburgh, and anywhere near The Strip District, please do yourself a favor and visit this place. You will thank me later!