“Wow! So glad we found this place!”
Review of S&D Polish Deli

S&D Polish Deli
Ranked #43 of 2,275 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We had just finished our downtown bike tour, and were pretty hungry. We wanted to get out of downtown, but not too far, and someplace with plenty of parking. We decided to head for The Strip, and take our chances. Boy are we glad we did, and that we stumbled onto this amazing gem!

The big menu board outside caught our attention, and on paper, the place sounded good. The prices are EXTREMELY REASONABLE. I wanted variety and ordered the platter, with three pierogies, halushka, and a stuffed cabbage roll. (forgot the Polish name) OMG, this food was so good! Oh, and the wife got Kielbasy and her own cabbage roll. The tender egg noodles of the halushka were to die for. Never have I thought noodles and butter could taste this good. The stuffing in the cabbage was hearty and delicious. I got the spinach pierogies, which were a nice change from the potato ones that I had tried a day or so earlier. I need to search for a place in Houston that makes these little beauties!

The Kielbasy that my wife got was also very nice. Lots of meaty flavor with just the right amount of fatty goodness. Came with a brown mustard and a beet dip, and both were wonderful. It's probably a good thing that I don't have access to this place on a daily basis, or I would really pack on the pounds.

I did have just a couple minor negatives. The young lady that took our order wasn't overly friendly or helpful regarding a couple questions we had. And it would have been nice to get a glass or cup of ice to pour our drinks into, but alas, they don't offer that.

So if you're in Pittsburgh, and anywhere near The Strip District, please do yourself a favor and visit this place. You will thank me later!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The potato and cheese pierogi were delicious....fried to perfection. The Pittsburgh style haluszki was a bit on the soggy side but the taste was very good. This is definitely a place to go if you like authentic Polish food.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Was on a bus tour of the Pittsburgh area and went the the strip area. Had a best friend whose grandmother came from poland. I was lucky enough to eat at her home several times. I hadn't eaten polish food in years an while walking around, my wife and I decided to eat at S&D Polish Deli. It's a deli with maybe 30 seats tightly packed to the rear of the deli. You get your own beverages from the cooler and order thru a service window through the kitchen wall. They call out your number. The portions of our order were large and the price was small. The large bowl of haluszki and stuff cabbage with tomato sauce were very good.Total for both of us eating and 2 bottled beverages and tax was less than $14. Nothing fancy but the food was very good and low price with good portions. If in the area and hungry for polish, I will definitely stop again.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Amazing Polish food and deli items. We ordered the pierogi sampler platter and it was so amazingly good. The amount of unique grocery items is great! I could spend all day in here between eating and shopping! Since we're from out of town, we took advantage of their frozen items to bring home for family to enjoy. They are also able to ship all across the country. We will be back!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

They have a deli and many shelves of yummy looking items. They also have a little window were you can order hot food. I wish I'd known about this place earlier in our trip and I would have had lunch there. They don't have much seating so it was hard to navigate with my kiddos.