All reviews sofa bed adjacent garage front desk uber ride breakfast buffet is oatmeal walking distance staff was friendly and helpful definitely stay here again clean rooms per night free shuttle full kitchen the breakfast area the hotel staff shuttle service across the street
Reviewed 29 October 2018

My wife and I went to Pittsburgh because I was invited to give a lecture at the University of Pittsburgh. In addition, my wife lived in Pittsburgh a long time ago and I wanted to see where she lived. We stayed at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh Oakland/University Place for 4 nights. This is a really good place to stay near Pitt. The hotel is very new, modern, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The complementary breakfast was really good. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint about this hotel was its parking. You park in an old garage and access to the garage is awkward and difficult to maneuver. They should really reconfigure the entrance to the garage. However, this negative is not a reason not to choose this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2018

From October 22 through October 25, a team of five educators stayed at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh Oakland, a part of our four-day validation visit to a local high school. Easy registration, safe and convenient parking, quality suites, filling breakfasts, great coffee, free and delicious dinners, and an incomparable staff combined to make our visit to Pittsburgh one of the best I have ever had. Our team used the free shuttle service every day to travel to and from the school but also to restaurants outside of walking distance. Everyone was pleasant and everyone went out of their way to make every aspect of our stay the best possible. Could not recommend this inn and this staff any higher.

Room tip: Trust them. Every room is 5 stars and the elevators are quick and reliable.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

I wish that we had more time. We arrived at 9:30 PM and departed around 9:00 AM. This hotel is nice, clean and has spacious rooms. The breakfast buffet is fresh and has plenty of choices. Most importantly, the staff is friendly, engaging, and helpful. We will return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

I had business at the University of Pittsburgh and this newer hotel was close by. I booked it because of the brand and was disappointed.

The housekeeping was horrible and made me feel unclean from the moment I entered the room. There was loose change and spoiled tissues in the nightstand. There was mildew in the corners of the shower, and a used coffee pouch left in the coffee maker.

I will never go back, but hope they “clean up their act” and live up to the Marriott brand they represent.

Trip type: Travelled on business
SamsonC45, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Oakland/University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Michael M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered in your room and are working with our housekeeping department to figure out what happened and how to improve it. I can assure you that this was a one-off incident that we will address appropriately with our staff.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best,
Samson

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The room was spacious, full kitchen with dishwasher super comfy bed, great lighting from windows, staff was friendly and helpful The shuttle service was amazing!!! They dropped us off downtown and picked us up when we were done. Breakfast was included, average fair, but super busy at breakfast, location is great, near universities

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple