All reviews ohio river king's restaurant yogurt river view exercise room breakfast area nice hotel indoor pool easy access clean rooms king suite hotel is located business center convenient location bridge downtown cranberry
Reviewed 26 January 2018

The Neville Island location makes it easy to access downtown, and the Swickley, Leetsdale, Cranberry, Robinson areas. Breakfast is standard Marriott fare, which is okay. But, the interstate river bridge has constant traffic hitting the expansion joints, which is very noticeable whatever room you stay in. Bring ear plugs if you are not hard of hearing.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
TeamConcord, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Sidneyyyy,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to know that much of your stay was satisfactory, but we are terribly sorry your sleep was interrupted by noise. We are grateful for your feedback and hope you will return. Should you stay with us again please request a room in the quietest area of the building, and we'll do our best to honor your request.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

There for business. To be honest it's a little out in the middle of nowhere if you want to see Pittsburgh. I did like the small town nearby. Overall, this place is somewhat clean and the people are very nice. Front desk was awesome! I just found way too many hairs in and on my bed. One was right on top of the pillow. Another very long black hair was found when the fitted sheet came loose from the corner, exposing the mattress. I shouldn't have looked. Just made me think of everything I cannot see... The AC/heater... The fan was so loud you could not hear the TV. Very annoying! The table/desk was dirty, sticky residue all over the top.

Breakfast was ok. The eggs seemed instant. The bananas were so black and bruised that they were ready to be made into banana bread. It bothered me that they were left for us to see two mornings in a row.

Overall ok... But based on all the hotels I've stayed, this place has just too much going wrong (for this stay) for me to overlook to return.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
TeamConcord, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Dear wmld3,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the candid review. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression. We fell short in making that happen for you, and we are truly sorry. Please be assured that we are taking steps to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next stay. We are confident you will have a much more positive experience on a return visit, and we thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Our family and three other families stayed here this past week. The staff was excellent and handled a possible billing mistake before it became a problem.
They have adequate facilities including an exercise room and swimming pool which we didn’t have an opportunity to use.

They had a traditional breakfast for the hotel that was well stocked and serviced including making scrambled eggs for my brother in law just after that closed down.

The rooms were clean and so was the lobby and lounge area.

I would go back and I would recommend this hotel for those traveling in and around Sewickley or Pittsburgh.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Convenient, clean, easy. Brittany made sure we had the optimal room for a family with a couple of kids. Nice location to get in an out of the city. A team of ice hockey players were also staying there and everyone seemed happy.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TeamConcord, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear David c.,

We are delighted you had a great experience at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island! Thank you for spending Thanksgiving with us! Thank you also for recognizing and commending our staff for the excellent service they provided. We work hard to make sure we take care of all our guests' needs daily, and comments like yours assure us that we are on the right track. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting all your future Pittsburgh visits. Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I have stayed at this hotel on many previous visits, and always looked forward to returning, but not after this visit.
The staff were nice, the facility is not maintained well. The lobby area is beautiful,and the rooms are comfortable and spacious, but only look clean at first glance. While lounging in my room, my baseball cap fell behind the sofa (there is about a 6" space between it and the wall). While retrieving it I noticed that the dust hasn't been vacuumed in ages. There were candy wrappers, dirty tissues, food residue, and a cigarette lighter lying there. I like to sleep in a cooler room, with an extra blanket, when I went to take the blanket I found 3 pairs of rolled up socks from a previous guest. Needless to say I did not use the blanket and just cranked up the heat. I will say it does make me wary of the linen that was on the bed too. Upon arrival I tossed an empty paper cup in the trash near the elevator and noticed someones Styrofoam dinner box. Upon checking out 2 days later, I threw out my empty coffee cup and noticed the Styrofoam container was still there. I looked at reviews posted on the hotel website, where on Oct., 10, and Oct., 15, guests posted about the lack of cleanliness, and the staff responded that this is not the norm and it will be addressed. I stayed there well into November and it obviously has not been addressed yet.
On to the next topic. The exercise room is in shambles, loose wires on the floor, not clean, and the exercise bike has not been maintained, it squeaks like it was never oiled, the straps are missing from the pedals, and the TV monitor was not working.
Next topic. As I stated above, I have been here in the past, and was looking forward to the Whirlpool, yours is one of the better ones that I really enjoy, but only if it is working! The last time I was there it was out of order, and this time it was covered and closed. I was not a happy camper.
Next topic. In the evening, I like to drink a tea, all Fairfield Inns that I have stayed at (I am a Marriott Rewards Gold Member) have a hot water dispenser with HOT water, I have seen staff members change the water after a few hours even if it was full. Not here, when I went to get a tea the water wasn't even lukewarm, it was cold. The same happened on my second night. The staff were wonderful about getting me hot water, but I shouldn't have to go chasing it. My expectation surely wasn't met.

As I have stayed here in the past with totally different experiences, I would try this hotel one more time, but I could not in good conscience recommend it until I find that it is up to the Marriott standards that I have come to expect.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank pleasedontbotherme28
TeamConcord, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear pleasedontbotherme28,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. Although we are confident some of these instances are isolated, this in no way excuses the fact that we failed to provide you an outstanding stay. We value your loyalty to the Marriott brand and we promise that immediate steps will be taken to ensure that we do not repeat these mistakes. We hope you will consider a future visit so that we can better demonstrate our commitment to service excellence.