“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Review of Piper Tavern

Piper Tavern
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Pipersville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017

My family and I have often enjoyed the food and atmosphere at the Piper Tavern for many years, beginning in my early adult years (a long time ago). Today my wife and I, joined by dear friends, enjoyed a great luncheon. The Tavern was festooned with Christmas décor enhancing its historical ambiance. My appetizer selection was the delicious Snapper Soup Au Sherry, very tasty with a hint of pepper. On past occasions I have also enjoyed the Baked Onion Soup. My choice of entrée was the Fried Oyster and Chicken salad, featuring a generous scoop of chicken salad surrounded by fried oysters garnished with sliced hard boiled eggs, Roma tomato and fresh greens. Very yummy! Others in the party selected the Butterfish Almondine and Crab Au Gratin. The table service as very responsive and helpful with entrée selection. We will return more often and sooner.

2  Thank Sven21740

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I returned to the Piper Tavern for a business lunch recently.ad usual, the food is good, there's quite a selection and it's reasonably priced.

On this trip I had the Rachel sandwich, a version of a Reuben made with turkey instead of pastrami. It was pretty large and came with lots of fries. It was good.

Of course, you go at lunchtime for the 75 cent vodka martinis! They were good too,

It looks like the Piper Tavern drew a pretty good lunch crowd for a Tuesday. The food, fair prices and those martinis definitely bring people in.

Are there negatives? My first choice for lunch was going to be the Doan sandwich, their version of a grilled chicken breast on a roll. It's been taken off the printed menu for some reason. Hopefully it returns.

I keep going back. It's a great place gif lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Had dinner at the bar and it was incredible. Jen served us we had fantastic clams casino, stuffed mushrooms with crab meat a must, house salads them steak Dianne it’s mashed potatoes were excellent. The only thing missing there is expresso, oh well great meal, fantastic environment & great service.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Right in our backyard in Pipersville...so glad we went. Service was awesome. Bartender friendly and great as well. The shrimp and scallop app was delish. Burgers excellent. Martini menu has a great selection as well.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

On a recent visit to Piper Tavern we were surprised to see beer on tap! My husband enjoyed two glasses of one of them. I ordered a glass of white wine which was served in a mini-carafe so you get an extra half glass! My husband had a burger which he loved. It was served with fries and topped with cheese of his choice. I was in the mood for meat, so I ordered the large filet mignon which was grilled and served with sauce on the side. - excellent! Their hot rolls are the best and even though I usually refuse the bread at restaurants, I made an exception here! The small side salad was fresh and tasty. My filet came with mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. After eating we were pleasantly satisfied and decided to skip the desserts, although they sounded great. We like to sit at the tables in the bar and had a good waiter who was there to refill waters and bring my husband another beer. It was a week-day so it wasn't too crowded. They have a varied menu and all foods are available at dinner, which is nice if someone in your party just wants a light meal and the other wants a full dinner. We plan to return again soon!