“Gives roughing it a whole new meaning”

Harbor Inn Phillipsburg
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Philipsburg
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We stayed here because it was a little closer to Black moshanmon State Park than the other 1 in town plus we stayed here for 4 days in 2007 for the same reason. So My grandfather could enjoy a little camping with his great grandchildren without roughing it.
When I got there to check in they acted as if I didn't have a reservation. Finally found it. I stated I requested an accessible room for my 96 year old grandfather and I needed it close to an entrance because he can't walk far. She said i dont really have any left, she acted as if they were booked solid. Finally she said we could have room 129. So I headed to 129 to see where it was. It was 2 rooms from an exit but you had to walk around the building to get to it. so I figured we will just pull the car up to that side through the grass.-- Communal picnic table there where everyone smokes.So I went to put some things in the room but the key wouldn't work. So back to the front desk. She said she would try it, implying i wasn't doing it right. Well she got it open with a lot if difficulty and said just jiggle it a little. The key didn't work right the entire stay, we literally had to leave it unlocked to get back in. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. I requested non smoking. The continental breakfast was nothing more than a box of frosted flakes and 3 boxes of cheerios. There were about 5 English muffins and a few bagels. And coffee. That was the first morning. The next morning only coffee was available.
The cleaning lady was nice and very apologetic. But overall not a nice please to stay. And that's in comparison To Our stay here in 2007. It was much nicer back then. Nothing seems to get fixed. It smells very bad. The front desk people were nice but I will not go back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Dmbfan68

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Very last resort if you must . Mouse droppings throughout . Mattresses are dingy. Poorly lit parking lot. Front desk was nice. Like being part of a bad movie. Not what to expect from a listing from Orbitz. I guess anything for the money grab.

Room Tip: Next to a Sheetz
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis P
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting. Shower did not drain. Curtains are worn and you can see through them (they are black out curtains). Spiders every where.
Pros. Stayed here for a Penn State Game. 25 miles from stadium. Sheets is next door for coffee. We weren't injured staying here.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank HeidiAnnDennis
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. If you just want a good place to sleep with a decent breakfast without getting gouged, this is the place. WiFi was a little iffy. Close to many conveniences. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

The front desk clerk was nice. That's where it all went downhill. We ended up here because our car broke down on I 80. And Chevy Roadside Assistance made the reservation at the closest place to the dealer. Dirty hallway, stained carpet, severely outdated and I believe flood damaged. They put 3 separate locks on the door that barely closes. We found out later that it is just around the corner from a large correctional facility. If your travels for some reason take you to this area. Please sleep at the rest area on I 80. You will be so much more comfortable and less itchy.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Lovetochew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
20.1 km away
1.6 km away
Main Liner Motel
Main Liner Motel
#1 of 2 in Philipsburg

Been to Harbor Inn Phillipsburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK